• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Newbie to Forum

Buster Norris

Reaction score
Hello out there,:stop: I am I south Arkansas and I just found this forum while looking for info about a problem I had with my truck! Looks like a bunch of great, knowledgeable guys with experience to share!
I have a 1995 GMC 1500 with a 6.5 turbo. It had 110,000 on it when I bought it from my father in law and now has 265,000 on it. GM replaced the pump just before I got it under warranty and I replaced that one two years ago. I have replaced the injectors, couple of vacuum pumps, water pump, radiator, heads, (blew a gasket), and had intermittent problem with truck going into limp mode after I replaced the pump. "FINALLY" mechanic friend removed the extender filter to the optical sensor and have not had the problem come back yet, :p .Great truck to drive!DSC00047.JPG

Welcome!
When you get the chance, fill out your signature line with the truck details and any modifications you’ve done to it. That way when there is an issue, we can see what we’re talking about on each post.

Welcome to The Truck Stop, Buster.

Nice truck you have.

Do I see a 1970's or 1980's Model Chevy long bed truck in the background in the picture?

Welcome to the truck stop.
I`d like to find a set of running boards and fender flares like what is on Your truck.
Would You have a brand name on those ?

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words! Just trying to get used to what does what here,:happy:, yes that is a 1973 C20, my first truck, I bought in 1973 with 12,000 on it, out of warranty for those vintage trucks, it has 220,000 on the 350 auto, and I crank it occasionally and take it for a spin, haven't lately?? I will try to put some more pics here? That is a couple of other projects in the background, Kubota needs a clutch and air compressor needs a overhaul!!
My pa-in-law had the ground effects and bug deflector put on when I got it, don't know who makes them??
That's my wife's 2015 Yukon parked by my 1995:) under the carport I built!:happy:1445256750_trk1[1].jpg08-09-11_1131.jpgIMG_0301.jpgIMG_0304.jpgDSC01739.JPGIMG_0300.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool! You need to fill out the thing for the free chevy hat- obviously a GM fan.

I suggest a different location for the pmd. When they are mounted on the ip, the fue running through the ip keeps
It cool, but after engine shut down it will get too and shortens life. Moving to the intake/ valve cover area does same thing- air flow from fan but once engine is off it soaks in heat.

Best results for trucks are backside of front bumper.

My personal preference is having 2 pmd mounted on heatsinks, and a silicone filled plug to keep Dirt out of the “spare”. Then when problems pop up, just move over the connection and back on the road. Then send the other back in if a lifetime warranty one and reinstall for future. Most don’t do that, they just have the spare in the glovebox.

Hey Will L, I totally agree on the location of thePMD cooler, that picture was when I first mounted it. Looks cool, but not very efficient!! I moved it over to the fender well under the brake booster with a spare mounted on a heat sink I salvaged from work, close by, but haven’t had to use the spare! I plug it in to make sure it still works occasionally!

Got any pictures or videos of the hit and miss engines.

I have an old poppin Jon tractor in the field at my dads house that I need to get back running. My papa bought it new in 1936 if I remember right

Back