• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

new wisconsin rider

Al's_duramax

Reaction score
So i traded my atv this winter for a 2000 Polaris indy 500xc, it is bone stock, it was a $2000 snowmobile. Anyways i have had it for the last few weeks and have beaten a 06 600 crossfire, 99 arctic cat 600zl, and a 01 arctic cat 600 zr. I would just have to say for a 500 it really moves, i think i got a good deal, 550 miles on it and no problems. Anybody else got some good story's? And any other real maintenance on these things besides oil, grease, and plugs.

Other maintenance should include track tension, (dont run it to tight) power valve maintanance,(they get gummed up. should be cleaned once a year or maybe more depending on oil you run) clutch cleaning,and, belt alignment. Also check all the idler wheels on the skid for bearings that are going out. Sounds like you have a good runner, and if you keep up on everything it should stay that way! Hopefully the snow sticks around, around here!

Make sure to drop the rear suspension out ever once and a while to look it over and grease it up!! Espically the main pivot, don't let the moisture get in there, I have seen several of them lock up and snap off.

That sled should serve you pretty well, the Polaris 500s are some of the best motors out there!!

Ya snows gonna be gone here in a bit, got her in the shed now, during the summer im going to clean it all up and grease it all. prolly take most of it apart.

Back