• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New wheels

Put em on marketplace for the same 1200 bucks everyone else is asking... but I think that's too high. If you're interested I'd be MUCH cheaper to a member here.20200807_133341.jpg

Unfortunately, with no job in months, no Stimulus Check and no unemployment boost from the Feds (our State's unemployment insurance is a joke at what it max's out at per week here in Nebraska - $237/wk) pretty much anything is out of my budget right now. I'm not sure how the hell I'm going to pay the property taxes on my house this year.

Those are the 8 x 180mm bolt pattern anyway, aren't they? Even if I could afford them, wouldn't fit my '98 K2500 Burb's 8 x 6.5" bolt pattern.

Unfortunately, with no job in months, no Stimulus Check and no unemployment boost from the Feds (our State's unemployment insurance is a joke at what it max's out at per week here in Nebraska - $237/wk) pretty much anything is out of my budget right now. I'm not sure how the hell I'm going to pay the property taxes on my house this year.
Shamefully, control freaks have created this problem that is all across America as for the tax issue if everyone gets together too confront the issue by asking why they have to pay property tax when government has created the economic failures and future economic uncertainty...the best approach is for government to cut back to a bare miniumn as the people have had too do and not burden the populace over property tax or much else for that matter...

I don't mind paying my property taxes for what I get in return here in Lincoln, consistantly rated one of the best quality of life cities in the US. Extremely low crime rate for a city of just under 300,000, I can walk anywhere, any area of town, at 3am and feel perfectly safe. One of the best rated public school systems in the US. Near the top for affordability of housing. A bike trail system that is always rated #1 or #2 by the various cycling magazines (people actually come here from places like Minneapolis to ride our trail system), we have over 130 miles of dedicated bike trails in the City (a good chunk of which is from the Rails To Trails program converting abandoned railroad R.O.W. to bike trails), the rest either concrete or limestone chip bike exclusive trails, plus in addition to 130 miles of trails, designated streets for bike trail use/designated bike lanes that connect every part of the city. People use them year round, the City Public Works and Parks and Rec plow the trails along with the arterial streets after a snow, as people commute in by bike from the suburbs. We have an excellent City Park system, over 4,000 acres total - from one house-lot sized neighborhood pocket parks to the 600+ acre Pioneers Park - that are all well maintained and with amenities like picnic shelters, playgrounds, gardens and excercise courses, great library system, and because they're both Publicly-owned really low electric and water/sewer rates. My highest monthly electric bill this summer was $78 so far! The City is in the middle of a massive street repair/repave project, they just resurfaced the two main routes in/through/out of my neighborhood last Fall, and as soon as they're done widening/rebuilding the arterial that runs past my neighborhood this summer, they're resurfacing the back streets in my neighborhood next spring. We have a superb Fire/EMS department. I look at my taxes as my price of admission to enjoy the benefits that living here provides. The purpose of government is to provide collectively to all people those things it would be impossible to provide as an individual. I feel I'm getting great bang for my buck here.

The real issue with property tax is you never really own your property, you only rent it. Taxes stay the same or go up no matter what your income does. I'm not against taxes totally but a sales tax would be better IMO. When I don't make as much I don't pay as much, property can't be taken away during hard times.

Back