• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New type Wix FFM install

orrum

Reaction score
Ok I did not take a bunch of pics as I went, sorry, I made the mount brackets out of some scrap angle iron that had holes and slots all in it. Cut the angle iron straight up the crease about 3 inches and bent it out in both directions to use to bolt it down and stabilize it. I used self tapping tech screws. Bolted the angle iron to the fender and mounted the FFM that Leroy (PMDCABLE) carries. It has a water drain in the bottom and a 5 micron filter. U can also add a clear bowl to the bottom and a heater to the top. It would easily replace the 6.5 FFM. This is a very easy mod and the bracket is extremely stable. The FFM also has a bleeder screw in it. Here are the pics. This is very easy to get to for filter changes and to bleed the air out. PMDCABLE has a great price, its way under the price NAPA charges for their version, u know how NAPA and Wix are the same in a different box. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 0819111155a.jpg
    0819111155a.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 10
  • 0819111155b.jpg
    0819111155b.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 0819111156a.jpg
    0819111156a.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 14
still messed up.
like your mount. has some room for other things, such as, relay.

Thanks deejaa I gave up and went and took more pics the others would not download. Gonna try again.

Attachments

• 0819111745a.jpg
    0819111745a.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 0819111745b.jpg
    0819111745b.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 13
it looks really good. i'm going to have to steal your idea on that mount.

Ur welcome I lucked up I figured it would be wobbly and ugly but the two way things on each piece of angle iron really made it strong and sturdy. Its not that thick of angle iron either, I bent it with a set of channel locks.

I like it to Bill. You gave the impression in some other post that you did a hack job on it. Well that aint bad, i'd use it.

Thanks guys but believe me it was a lucky thing. I do better with wood than metal! LOL I got a idea on another bracket that will be a very universal and easy to install for the Walbro prefilter thing. I fab it up outa cardboard on a rainy day and take pics and send it to u Leroy.

That dont sound quite right Leroy? Anyway my friend runs his chicken incinerator off wvo and he had to add filters and a small elec. boost pump and I didna think of it just copy what he did for a combo filter and pump mount.

Back