• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New toy

What you want know about it? there is standard 3 point connection behind tractor, and there is 2 way hydraulic cylinder operating jibs, there are lot of functions on that hydraylic control system, just for start there is mechanical lock so you can lift some tool up, engage that lock and it wont come down even if cylinder fails, then there is lift and press functions, and floating function. also there is function where you can adjust some tool to right level and tractor lifts it up automatically if drag increases and lowers it back when drag is smaller again.

Ah... never mind. I had a brain freeze :D and was looking for something else. Now that you describe it a bit better, I see it. ;)

i got a belarus 800,pretty similair to yours,but older and 2 w dr.That down pressure feature on the 3 point can be a PITA if one has to hook up an implement. other than that they are pretty good tractors,mine has over 15000 hrs on it ,hit the key and it takes of. i re ringed and brg'd it once, never been in the tranny yet.
biggest prob is in winter i cant get the engine to come up to decent temps.

Bison, there is at least 2 things what you should know about engine temps in belarus tractors, 1st thing is older models had temperature sensor in radiator, not in cylinder head and 2nd thing is like your trucks also these has different versions of thermostat housing and thermostat.
I cant remember what year those has changed, but i can try find out if you are intrested.
My belarus rised temp to green area in meter just cruising highway on monday when i went to fill it up and came back.

Old style thermostat and housing
028.gif

New style (I think this is from 900 or 1000 series belarus with d-245 engine, but it fits to 800 and 500 series
020.gif

Bison, there is at least 2 things what you should know about engine temps in belarus tractors, 1st thing is older models had temperature sensor in radiator, not in cylinder head and 2nd thing is like your trucks also these has different versions of thermostat housing and thermostat.
I cant remember what year those has changed, but i can try find out if you are intrested.
My belarus rised temp to green area in meter just cruising highway on monday when i went to fill it up and came back.
Yea,I know that.
Thats why they have a curtain between the rad and hydr oil cooler that one can roll up or down to regulate temps,but it gets always plugged with hay and dust there.So i took that thing out. Now i stick a piece of carton in its place when it gets cold.IMO the T-stat should keep the engine on temps
I cant get a hotter T-stat here:nonod:. Even belarus Canada's head office cant solve it,and most belarus dealers know absoluutly dick all about them.
Over here Belarus got a pretty bad rap because of it and are hardly sold anymore.
Even a factory repair manuall dont exist here,the dealers do without too:rolleyes5:

That T-stat housing upgrade might work though,i'll check into that.

I think in siberia they may need also that curtain ):h

And i have noticed lot of bad reputation of belarus is heard from peoples who dont know anything about them.. Actually they are very strong and good tractors, but misunderstood because they arent samekind as most tractors..

I have heard here local belarus dealer sells that new style housing and thermostat and takes about 60€ for them.
But ask from your local dealer if they have thermostat and housing for d245 engine and check if it is like lower picture..

I think in siberia they may need also that curtain ):hAnd i have noticed lot of bad reputation of belarus is heard from peoples who dont know anything about them.. Actually they are very strong and good tractors, but misunderstood because they arent samekind as most tractors..

I have heard here local belarus dealer sells that new style housing and thermostat and takes about 60€ for them.
But ask from your local dealer if they have thermostat and housing for d245 engine and check if it is like lower picture..
And you live in the tropics right:D.

For me this tractor is like the energizer bunny,it keeps going and going,hardly a breakdown in the 23 yrs i owned it:thumbsup:I paid $5000. used,78 model.
And i use it hard

Attachments

• bale forks 005.jpg
    bale forks 005.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
And you live in the tropics right:D.

For me this tractor is like the energizer bunny,it keeps going and going,hardly a breakdown in the 23 yrs i owned it:thumbsup:I paid $5000. used,78 model.
And i use it hard

Tropics, yeah :rolleyes5: about 400-450 miles south from arctic circle
my is 95 model, but all other brand tractors would cost arm and leg.. and that has only 1440 hours..

There were a few different Belarus chore tractor (50-100hp) sized units that found there way to rural IA. Mechanically, they were reasonably rugged & tough. The ergonomics to operate some of the controls was probably a generation or 2 behind the well known American brands. But for the cost, they offered a solid chore tractor that you could trust to run/work everyday & occasionally for light field work.

The only caution the farmers around home had was would there be an adequate parts inventory within the US, so parts could be gotten in a reasonable timeframe. The guys I knew that had one were fine to deal w/ lesser controls ergonomics for a rugged & reliable tractor for far less $.

I have to admit ergonomics thing, but they have made them better too, in 80's here in finland they used finnish cabins for those tractors, models with finnish cabin were called progress, after that they made new cabin style in minsk and those were called (here for aggross models, transferred gears from middle of floor to right side, steering is with orbitrol in newr models and hings like that, they can still be generation behind, but like i said my tractor is from 1995, with money what i paid i couldn't get any other tractor from 90's.. so they aren't behind if you look what you get with known amount of money LOL
I can post pics from my tractors cabin later today.

Yea, them older cabs are so small,one needs a shoe horn to get fitted in. :D
The big 4 wh tractors have a second seat,here they say that one is for the the mechanic :smile5:

the hydraulics did'nt give me much grief ,apart from a cracked pump housing.
I like the mechanical oil filter:thumbsup:
Wish these where on every engine instead of the throw away spin on filters,helluv a lot cheaper too.

Back