• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New toy for the 6.5 to pull around...

Argh, nice pics... makes me want to be camping right now!

Glad the trailer is working out for ya; the learning curve only lasts a few trips. NICE!

Finally got the camper out this past weekend. Went to O'Bannon Woods state park near Corydon, IN. Great park, all the campsites were paved and they had lots of activities for us and the kids.

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

Been there many years ago. Beautiful country! IIRC, Corydon was the original capitol of Indiana. Gotta love those fall camping trips...

Prepping the truck and trailer for spring! Got my Dodge mirrors installed yesterday. They're not perfect, but works for me.

DSCN0489-1.jpg

DSCN0490.jpg

DSCN0491.jpg

DSCN0493.jpg

DSCN0494.jpg

DSCN0495.jpg

I wish they were power, but can't complain for what I paid for them.

Cleaned out the trailer, the wife had turned into a storage shed over the winter :rolleyes5: If the weather is nice tomorrow it will get washed.

Should be able to see ok with those nice mirrors. This weather has made me get the camping fever. Heck I've still gotta go back to deer camp to get my camper along with all my camping gear and tree stands. That will be an overnight trip and then some, since its 242 miles from my house.

Since the forecast called for temps in the 70s and sunny skies, and my son's birthday was the 2nd, we decided to get the camper out for the weekend. Rolled out Saturday morning and came home this afternoon (Monday). Beautiful weather, and as a bonus the CG was deserted Sunday after 2ish when the Fri-Sun folks left.

Pics were taken at Harmonie State Park, approx 30 minutes West of Evansville, IN

photo5.jpg

Photo0049.jpg

Very nice trip you went on. Looks like those trees had some leaves on them, guess that area is like others, a month ahead.

Starve Hollow State Rec Area, Brownstown, IN. Lakefront site #31.

photo7.jpg

photo8.jpg

On a side note, we have decided to sell this TT in favor of a hybrid TT with pop-out bunkends. This TT was fine with my pickup, but the Sub is geared higher and overall more worn out so it struggles towing, especially in hilly areas. We'll see what happens, a lighter trailer would help on the fuel consumption as well.

From my experience with my current truck and the last to 5th wheel RV's.

The first 5th wheel RV was about 4,000 LBS empty. It was 21 feet long.

The current 5th wheel RV is about 6,500 LBS empty. It is 27 feet long.

They both got about the same in fuel consumption when being towed. 11.2 to 11.8 MPG.

I feel it is more on the air dynamics of what you pull over the weight. I have no proof to this.

Both of my RVs are shaped like a brick! :thumbsup:

I will say when I pulled my flat bed pipe top trailer with my Kawasaki Teryx on it I averaged in the 13 MPG's. But it had nothing for the wind to drag on above the height of the tail gate / bed area.

Wish you luck!

Happy Camping! :hello:

Nice trailer you scored, If you do a lot of boondocking you may want to read this http://www.bcrvforum.com/led-lighting-t126.html It's a thread I wrote on changing out bulbs in favor of LED's. Electrically speaking, they are a whole lot more efficient at lighting. Incandescent are great if you want to heat up the inside of your trailer (touch the bulb) or drain your batteries. I swapped every bulb out inside and outside.

Yeah, I'm not terribly concerned with the fuel economy, just trying to ease the load on the truck. Loaded for the weekend the TT weighs (estimated) 6300lbs. I'm grabbing my number from the Coachmen spec sheet dry weight plus guessing on gear. The hybrids we will be looking at max out GVWR @ 5000lbs. Hoping that will stretch the service life of the Sub a while longer.

I have looked at LEDs, but we camp primarily at state park campgrounds with electrical hookup. We're looking into camping at the National parks, which are all non-electric, so in the future this trailer or the next one will get LEDs.

The TT sold in one day on craigslist, so I found this one to replace it. 2004 Aerolite Cub 236 hybrid. Two popout beds and couch slide. Kids love it, wife loves the slideout.

Photo0073.jpg

aerolite1.jpg

aerolite2.jpg

aerolite3.jpg

My ex SIL and her husband had one of those and I liked how it felt inside but they sold it this past yr in Wisconsin where they live. I had a popup for almost 28 yrs and loved it. Here in Colorado I done a lot of dry camping so it was easy to get into nice places. Sold it a couple yrs ago before I divorced and now wished I had it back but I will work on getting me a popup truck camper and then me and the dog can just jump in and go!! But it looks like you found a winner!!

Got the camper out again last week. This trip was to Sycamore Springs Park in English, IN. It is a private park; but the admission, RV camping and firewood are all free. Yes, free. They have 20 RV sites with electric hookups, water nearby. Plenty of open space, excellent showerhouse. No dump station, but I'll gladly pay $10 at Pilot to dump since everything else is provided.

www.sycamorespringspark.com

IMG_2391.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

Even the dog had a good time!

IMG_2394.jpg

Folks took us to Turkey Run when I was a kid. The beauty of it made such a good impression on me I've never forgotten it. That's a great campsite there. :thumbsup:

Back