• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to the forum, hello, this is my ride.

Mile marker makes the kit that works for these pumps- same one used for hmmwvs/ hummers.
18,000 lbs is flippin huge. Run that to a snatch block and back to your truck- you ar now trying to hold 36,000 lbs with your 8,000 truck. Dont pull crooked or you will ruin your frame.

Yes a dedicated pump is best, no there isn’t going to be a ready made kit. You might need to relocate battery or other stuff to make it fit. But what you are taking about doing is major modifications anyways.
Forget a pto.

Mile marker makes the kit that works for these pumps- same one used for hmmwvs/ hummers.
18,000 lbs is flippin huge. Run that to a snatch block and back to your truck- you ar now trying to hold 36,000 lbs with your 8,000 truck. Dont pull crooked or you will ruin your frame.

Yes a dedicated pump is best, no there isn’t going to be a ready made kit. You might need to relocate battery or other stuff to make it fit. But what you are taking about doing is major modifications anyways.
Forget a pto.
Consider the PTO forgotten. I know Mile Marker makes a kit. It will have to wait at least until June/July anyway as right now Im focusing on smaller fry. I am dealing with the air compressor and alternator right now. New lights. Adding the big electric fan. Sending off the first used oil for this engine off to Blackstone to get tested to see how it's doing. Will be curious as I've never sent a new engines oil to them.

It wouldn't be a problem for room except I'm keeping the AC. I'd still like to hook up a dedicated hydraulic pump. Perhaps if I develop problems with the pump I got I can switch it out for a Parker H1? Just fab up a bracket so it fits in the originals place. I don't know I'll cross that bridge when I get there...

Back