• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to site - Need help!

I'll have to get the tubing tomorrow as I live in a very small town and the 2 hardware stores are closed for easter.

I just thought of something... did you take the resistor out of the old PMD and put it into the new one when you switched them out? It's an insert that fits into the plug part of the PMD. The thing SHOULD relearn on its own, but...

I think it's a 99 ... the OBDII should relearn, but I've seen the need to do that on more than one occasion. If the new PMD has no resistor at all, it can cause issues

Yeah. Lol. I'm pretty sure obd2 will run with the wrong one, I'm just not so sure it will run without one... the Doc would know, but he's smarter than me

I got a new resistor when I ordered the pmd. The resistor though seems to be a great discussion topic 😀 Definitely something to remember for next time.

Back