• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to pulling

BigBearZach

Reaction score
ok I want to do some pulling events and just wondering about what I can do with set up my truck when ever I get to an event and what kind of hook up should I use. now my truck dose not have a hitch and has an after market bumper that says its can have a pinle hook for 12000 pounds so can I mount something to that as it already has 4 holes in the bumper

Most pulling tracks are going to require a solid frame mounted receiver style hitch before they will let you hook to a sled. Second your front end is going to HATE you! Be prepared to have your front tires staring at each other if you do this and happen to get traction. Drop your torsion bars down as much as possible to lessen the chance of bending your steering linkage or breaking a CV joint. You want the front end as low as possible so as to keep the CVs striaght as well as your linkage. WHen the front end comes up, it amplifies the force exerted on front end compnents and WILL tear them up in short order.

X2 I see this on my dmax pulling loads of hay out of a field. Might as well be hooked to a sled. The lower the front end the longer the parts will hold together.

Sent from: Source Unknown

Some body told me to get better tie rod sleeves if i want to do this pull were can i get them and also heard that my cluch might be a week point

Back