• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to me truck!

merlin5577

Diesel > Gasoline
Reaction score
Ok, so heres how I spent this past weekend;

The past 3 years or so, I have been looking for a "project truck" to keep me busy. Well, I got one. A member of another forum I am on knew I was looking and pmed me about his Suburban. He told me he needed it gone, the transmission slips, and to make him an offer. Well, long story short after borrowing a trailer, driving 4 hours each way, a cash exchange, and some white knuckle driving, I now have a 1985 Chevrolet Suburban, K10, 4X4, 6.2L w/TH700-R4, 157K miles and yes, it has rust. Keep in mind, I bought this as a project truck, but for 24 years old, its in great shape. Its not exactly what I was looking for but its nice none the least and there is nothing on it I cant fix. I put a bottle of Lucas oil trans fix in and no more slip!

Anyway, I know these are what everyone wants to see;

What do you think?

Attachments

• Photo-0055.jpg
    Photo-0055.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Photo-0054.jpg
    Photo-0054.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG0048.jpg
    IMAG0048.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMAG0049.jpg
    IMAG0049.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG0050.jpg
    IMAG0050.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG0051.jpg
    IMAG0051.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMAG0052.jpg
    IMAG0052.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMAG0053.jpg
    IMAG0053.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Photo-0060.jpg
    Photo-0060.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Photo-0058.jpg
    Photo-0058.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 23
Project truck for sure (what vehicle isn't a project for a gearhead?) but that interior looks nice! Plans for it? Always did like that body style 'Burb.

Last edited:
Any truck from the North is a tough project due to the road salts in the winter. I am sure I am not telling anyone anything new. Good luck with it. You will be busy with the bodywork for sure! How does the motor run?

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Project truck for sure (what vehicle isn't a project for a gearhead?) but that interior looks nice! Plans for it? Always did like that body style 'Burb.

Right now the plan is to fix and restore it to its original glory, then modifications to make it a "family mud truck". Lift, mud tires, winch, etc... But thats a long way off. Right now I'm just going to enjoy it.

Any truck from the North is a tough project due to the road salts in the winter. I am sure I am not telling anyone anything new. Good luck with it. You will be busy with the bodywork for sure! How does the motor run?

Your not kidding! ):h Lots of rust repair in my future. The good thing is the only panel I need to replace is the tailgate. The rest of the panels are just surface rust, and solid underneith. Amazingly the frame and undercarriage are rust free! The motor runs like a top! Fires right up and purrs like a kitten!

Have fun with your project! I like the plate :D

Good luck Robert... That's a pretty big project ya got there.:thumbsup:

Thanks guys! Its going to take a while but it will be a fun time, and i'm in no rush. I can't neglect the other trucks to work on this one.

I did try to get him to let me keep the plates, but no luck.

hey that a "red block" engine, if you gonna spin big tires, you need some grunt, a ATT or old "used but good" GM-8 from one of us guys that went ATT mite be ticket for you

Thanks for the info TD. I will let you know when the time comes for a power upgrade.

Back