• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New (to me) LBZ

brs954

Recruit
Reaction score
Well...

I took the plunge and got rid of my '06 GMC Sierra 1500 :cryin:

BUT...

I traded it for an '06 Chevy 2500 D-Max (LBZ)!!! :hurray: The truck has 24000 miles and it is an LT2.

Anything in particular you guys think I should know that is going to be different from my '05 GMC LLY that I have?

Thanks,
Bryan

For starters, 1 more gear and more stock horsepower and torque. Mucho better stock air filter as well. Otherwise pretty much the same. I had an '05 Chev LLY before the GMC.

Well...

I took the plunge and got rid of my '06 GMC Sierra 1500 :cryin:

BUT...

I traded it for an '06 Chevy 2500 D-Max (LBZ)!!! :hurray: The truck has 24000 miles and it is an LT2.

Anything in particular you guys think I should know that is going to be different from my '05 GMC LLY that I have?

Thanks,
Bryan

Congrats!! But...:nopics:

Well, not to be a perve. but if your truck was a chick, you will eventually try to bang it! yes, it is that sweet.....

I am going to try and get some pics today... Being soooo cold here lately I don't even want to go outside...

Congrats on the new truck, i bet you dont even feel bad about the trade either do yah? What do you do for a living, sell freezers to Eskimo's?

I was having my doubts about trading before I picked the truck up. But after I drove the LBZ more... I have to say I have a permanent :D on my face!!!

Actually the way it feels today, and from what I hear for the next couple days, I live in the freezer being sold to Eskimos.

I was having my doubts about trading before I picked the truck up. But after I drove the LBZ more... I have to say I have a permanent :D on my face!!!

Actually the way it feels today, and from what I hear for the next couple days, I live in the freezer being sold to Eskimos.

Glad you are happy. Is it regular cab?? Where are you from??

You've got you a good truck. Lots of power and it should get pretty good fuel mileage if you can keep your foot out of it.

You've got you a good truck. Lots of power and it should get pretty good fuel mileage if you can keep your foot out of it.

You know that is a problem I have been having with the truck, the fuel mileage 12-14 is the best I have gotten so far... BUT I know why that is... :D

Man I love this truck!

I just want say congratulations and don't depend on the DIC for accurate mpg. Do your own calculations, there was a big difference when I did.

Back