• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Speedglas, love it

durallymax

Reaction score
So I bought a new Speedglas 9100XX a couple days ago. And all I can say is wow i didnt know what I was missing.

Helmet I was using was a jackson nexgen. Still a nice helmet but nothing compared to the 9100.

For one thing, I have an abnormal chuck of bone in the back of my head (looks like a shark fin) right where most headgear straps sit. The pivoting rear strap on the 9100 head gear was my first love of this thing.

The side windows are awesome

The Clarity through the HUGE filter is second to none. I run this helmet much darker than the jackson because I can actually see what I am doing.

And the helmet doesnt even feel like its on my head. Very adjustable, easy to fine tune, and the exhaust vents help out a lot.

Only two complaints I have are

No solar panel to help charge the battery on the 9100XX but worth it IMO for the larger veiwing area.

Its physically large, not weight wise, but dimension wise. But it does help to keep spatter out of the way and makes it much more comfortable to wear respiratory systems underneath. Plus with the large viewing area you can still see your work most of the time if you can fit the helmet on there.

Love this helent. $356 from Cyberweld and came with beanie, bag, and extra wear parts.

IMAG0068-1.jpg

IMAG0069-1.jpg

Back