• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New site, new upper plenim, new pic.

Canadian Rigger

Recruit
Reaction score
Blasted and ready for paint or something..... btw, the injection lines are orange now...... ):h

Attachments

• pic 003a.jpg
    pic 003a.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 44
Every time i stop there its another 2 weeks, so....... its another 2 weeks i guess, lol.

Last time i stopped the crank was out getting machined and re-balanced, believe it or not the engine was together once as a short block, stupid crank was wacking the block though, so some machining on the block and crank was in order. Its getting closer though, lol. He almost scrapped the block because the bore was no where near straight with the crank, hence the reason it had to be bored out for sleaves to straighten the bores. Basically it was working against itself before. I think all the parts are there but not 100% on that.
I'm heading to Sask for some work for a bit so won't be around to see any progress, somewheres about 1hr SW of Kindersley. I'll check on it when i get back. Final compression ratio has to be determined, somewhere between 18:1 and 18.5:1 is a best guess right now. Figures it will handle a ton of boost, like 40 shouldn't be a problem. Not sure on the longevity of it at that though....

Oh goody, that should put you somewhere around Eston or the Lacadena flat. Oil or gas well work I assume? Grew up in that area.

I am going to Hanna next weekend to help their car club drag race on the airstrip. Seen any quick diesels in the area?

Yup...... Oil in them thar hills! (well, flat land)

Just east of Eston i think......

Only quick diesel i've seen is parked behind my house!

In a way i don't mind not having a truck there, just be building boost and the race is over at the 1/8th.

Yup...... Oil in them thar hills! (well, flat land)

Just east of Eston i think......

Only quick diesel i've seen is parked behind my house!

In a way i don't mind not having a truck there, just be building boost and the race is over at the 1/8th.

One of my best freinds lives East of Eston, and South a touch. Great place to shoot stuff.

Well at least you will get to see some of the largest mule deer on the planet, and whitetail, and antelope......

Just an update; CR is correct, no quick diesels in Hanna (not presently running anyway). One Dmax running, that was it. The guy was a bit of a dragstrip rookie. Once he caught on he made it through a few rounds of eliminations fine.

The car club there was very easy to work with and I hope we get the chance to go back up there next year. There are some really nice cars in that area. There was even a guy racing a 1968 camaro with a DZ302 complete with a crossram. A few 6-71 huffers, a couple procharged and turbo'ed vehicles. Lots of dedicated race cars. Even a demolition derby car made it deep into the eliminations.

Maybe we could have a 6.5 shootout there. 6.5 engines would shine in the 1/8 mile race and Hanna is pretty central to us prairie dwellers.

Back