• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New poster here from Alaska!

chv2nv

Reaction score
:) Cheers everyone:beer: I have an 02 with the dreaded LB7 and yes I have had the injectors changed under warranty.
Just last month my fuel system wouldn't hold prime, so I had to pump it up to get it started then run back to the pump and keep it going for about 30 seconds. So I took it in and they changed the "injector pump" at a cost of about $2850.00 now this week it is losing prime again!!!!:mad: Whats it take to find a good diesel mechanic?

Thanks for a great website,

William

Welcome to the site.:beer:

Come on down here to Tennessee and I'll get ya fixed up.:D

Most likely your air leak is either coming from the filter or primer pump, or it is possible that its coming from the sending unit in the tank. I just fixed a truck last week wih the same problem, there ended up being a piece that fell off the bottom of the sending unit causing it to suck air from the tank.

Welcome!

We've got some good guys to point you in the right direction..:)

:) Cheers everyone:beer: I have an 02 with the dreaded LB7 and yes I have had the injectors changed under warranty.
Just last month my fuel system wouldn't hold prime, so I had to pump it up to get it started then run back to the pump and keep it going for about 30 seconds. So I took it in and they changed the "injector pump" at a cost of about $2850.00 now this week it is losing prime again!!!!:mad: Whats it take to find a good diesel mechanic?

Thanks for a great website,

William

Did they change the fuel filter? I would assume they did. Pull the fuel filter and see if they messed up the o-ring or forgot to pull the old center cone rubber gasket out when they replaced the filter. Just a thought.

Wow thanks for all the response. I would be down to TN. in a country minute if diesel prices weren't so high. Well I checked into the filter thing and yes it was changed and so is the manual pump housing and all. On the paperwork from the mechanic it says they did some updates to the programming. I am not a mechanic..I am in the foodservice industry as a purchaser/warehouser. so I wouldn't even attempt to work on it by myself.

Should I try and bleed it, is that easy to do?

Oh ya! Just remembered that you may want to look at the water drain pet**** on the bottom of the fuel filter as well. Mine opened up slightly once and I had the same issue.

Back