• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GreenFlyingDragon

2012 Silverado Dually
Reaction score
I'm a new member with a 2012 Silverado LTZ crew cab long box one ton dually, now showing 168,000 miles. It's been to Alaska from New Hampshire carrying a 4,100 lb truck camper, and regularly tows a 36 foot, 13,000 lb fifth wheel to Florida for the winter. I'm joining the forum to benefit from the experience of other owners, especially with regard to the LML Duramax, to extend its life as long as possible. My engine maintenance issues, so far, include having to replace the DEF tank due to a failed heater, replacing the forward NOx sensor, and replacing three glow plugs. I've replaced the OEM FPR with a Wherli unit, as a precaution vs a CP4 failure. The truck has been trouble free otherwise. I run Rotella T-6 15W-40 full synthetic motor oil on a 5,000 mile change interval, with a Baldwin filter, and a lubricity enhancer at every fuel stop, buying from high volume, name brand sources. My Allison transmission gets a new external filter every 10,000 miles, and a fluid change every 50,000 miles. All other scheduled maintenance is performed per the owners manual. I'm running BFG TA KO2 tires with excellent results.

Welcome to The Truck Stop!
Might consider a CP3 conversion before it's too late for your fuel system. And definitely you need a lift pump.

Welcome to the forum.
It is nice to see some pics of the new comers truck{s}, if that is possible and You feel like it. No pressure of course.

Welcome to The Truck Stop!
Might consider a CP3 conversion before it's too late for your fuel system. And definitely you need a lift pump.

Thank you! I have been researching lift pumps, and am leaning toward a Kennedy. I like them because the pressure and volume of fuel flow is more than adequate for my engine, and a pump failure won't leave me stranded, as with other designs. Do you have a favorite?

You can make any lift pump able to bypass. Add a Tee on either side of lift pump and connect them together with a low pressure one way valve stopping flow to not push from output side to input side. When lift pump is off the fuel gets sucked through the one way. When lift pump is on it will pressurize the one way valve closed.

Thank you! I have been researching lift pumps, and am leaning toward a Kennedy. I like them because the pressure and volume of fuel flow is more than adequate for my engine, and a pump failure won't leave me stranded, as with other designs. Do you have a favorite?
I'm running a FASS 100 on mine and no OEM filter. They are flow on fail, as are all of them I believe. If it does fail, I know the fuel system already is designed to run without it. Especially if it's been changed to CP3. As to brand, FASS or Airdog are the most popular but I'm totally confident Kennedy wouldn't steer you wrong. I am hearing good things about the new Fleece in tank unit as well.

Back