• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

new member gas to diesel/electric to mechanical conversion

brownpaden

Reaction score
hello everyone, i decided to stop googling and come to where i was getting all my answers once i googled it lol, and become a member, my signature says everything i have done so far to the engine, just waiting on my egt gauge to get here so i can install it, and decide which part of the original wiring harness i am going to use to wire starter and glow plugs up, been pretty straight forward so far, idk when this engine had been rebuilt but know it has, truck had 212,000 on it and the body had just completely fell apart so i decided to make the leap and do this swap..couple questions, im sure il re post them somewhere, but will here too, fuel filter??i had no plans on using the original filter housing, any suggestions? in tank fuel pump removal?? yes? no? cooling is an issue as this engine seemed to always run at 210 normal, but with no ac airflow should be better, i did plug the oil cooler lines because im on a slight budget and they leaked profusely, i plan on turning the 4911 pump up as much as possible, that's the reason for the water injection instead of an intercooler, but i know i need a better turbo, i am open to all suggestions and hope to get plenty of feedback from all you fellow members on this little project. thank you for any positive or negative feedback on what ive done so far.....oh and if anyone is in the abilene area i have a whole chassie to part out including 4l80e with tcase so pm for trades!! :thumbsup:

Welcome to The Truck Stop! :welcome2: You already know you came to the right place... :hihi:

Back