• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New member from Ohio

Dodgincones

Reaction score
Hey all, just came across this place after picking up a 96 GMC Suburban with the :thumbsup: bulletproof 6.5TD. :hihi:

Looking forward to learning more about the traits of this motor and hoping to keep it healthy as it serves as toy hauler for the racecar.

Here's a quick pic of the rig as I got it.

Thank,
Jay Storm

Welcome aboard, Jay! You done found yourself the most 6.5-friendly site on the 'net. Spend a few minutes filling out your signature (click on the link in mine!) so you can show off your new ride, and get to know the guys.

Jim

Welcome to The Truck Stop Jay!

You found the right place for the care and feeding of your 6.5...;)

Hey all,

Thanks for the warm welcome! Looks like everyone got the joke in my description of the 6.5 as bulletproof! I've actually been really happy with it so far. We havent made any long hauls yet, but so far it's much more comfy than the Ranger we've been using!

The racecar is a Subaru Impreza (non-turbo) that I race in SCCA solo competition with a future home in hillclimbing. Its no longer street legal and wouldn't be too useful anyway......what, with it's 3gal fuel cell and all..... I've dubbed it the MOB.... "Most Overdeveloped Beater".

Back on topic, this truck came to me from a friend who also used it to tow his race car around (real formula racecar for the nay-sayers) but now just pays people to haul his stuff for him. He did the upgrades for towing and reliability which made it a great deal for me to step into. As I learn more about the 6.5, I hope to be able to contribute more to the forum. Otherwise, feel free to slam me for newb questions and anything else.... lol!

It'll help everybody help you Jay, if you fill out your signature so we know the specifics on your truck. Looks like a fun little racecar.:thumbsup:

It'll help everybody help you Jay, if you fill out your signature so we know the specifics on your truck. Looks like a fun little racecar.:thumbsup:
I tried, really I did.......it did not save for some reason. I'm not even sure I have administrator blessings yet, as I am still blocked from viewing attachments others post!

I'll try again!

Jay

Welcome, Jay ... let us know if you have trouble reading images or attachments like you mentioned above. We've got a kick-butt tech guy who just loves solving problems like that!! :)

Welcome Jay.
Where are you at??
I am also in NE OH.
Trumbull county home.
Geauga county Work.

Back