• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New member-4L80E problems

Just wanted to update everyone. Sorry it took so long. I pulled the transmission and the friction plates where toast. When I was disassembling they were just peeling off. I ordered a rebuild kit from ebay and started the rebuild using youtube!!! Tons of great information. I tested my solenoids before I put them back on, youtube shows you how, and reinstalled. Topped of transmission fluid and I am back shifting away. Saved myself a ton of money and learned some invaluable information and a lot of quality time with my uncle. He helped me tremendously. Some jobs were easier with two people like removing torque converter and dropping transmission. It took some time and patience, but hey I did it. A complete novice. So don't give up. I did it and have been going strong for September!!!!!!

Thank you for coming back for the update. A book with the final chapter is always better, especially when it has a happy ending.

Like mentioned above, most -obviously not all- people tend to cost more money by diy a trans rebuild their first couple of times.
How much knowledge help was your uncle would be one question and the second is if you could maybe could you post a link to the YouTube video(s) that were done well enough to help you? Maybe it will help whoever finds this thread in the future with the same issue if they choose to try the diy route.

Back