• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

new intake & x-over = new truck.

North Maine

Merchant Mariner
Reaction score
I installed my "F" intake last week, but almost immediately my x-over broke off at the flange on the pass. side, and i didn't get to fix it until today, I had the new Warpspeed installed, and even though the stock on was able to pass a golf ball thru no problem, there is a DEFINITE difference between stock and the bigger/better flow of the warpspeed. my turbo is louder than ever, and the truck MOVES. I've been beating my friends 1998 Jetta with the 2.0 gas non-turbo no problem, but he has me on take off... I will crush him I'm sure of it, the trucks get-up and go is unreal, and tommorrow I should have a GL4 ECM in my mail box :D this truck makes me happy when its all working right.

the GL4 will make you smile to say the least. i know my HP4 made me smile. it still does. :sifone:

And so it begins.....
Hope you not married with a wifey to answer to, but if so remember...the truck was broken and it needed it.....

And so it begins.....
Hope you not married with a wifey to answer to, but if so remember...the truck was broken and it needed it.....

Guys don't forget, "if I do this dear it will get better mpg", or "if I add this the truck will be safer in event of a emergency", so says I when I upgraded front & rear brakes in (2) SEPARATE $1K incriments, a $2K charge on bill gets more attention than 2 individual $900 ones do over a couple of months.

See all that stuff below in the sig, I'm like a stealth airplane, a low observable on the financial radar, plane is there when you see it, in person and you can say "details are classified", so you don't have to talk about it, or you make up a plausable excuse "not a UFO, it's a weather baloon", and if you can't see it on radar well it must not be there.

I did too tell you I was going to add that mod, you must not have been listening to me, you never listen to me, hey it werks fer wimmin, werks fer me.

Or get a wife that has to take the horses somewhere every weekend, mine doesn't care how much I spend on the truck, I'm the one who would rather save it :eek:

:iagree: i think you married my wifes sister. when i put in my wmi my wife asked if she needed to do that to her f o r d escape. doh. and if you can beat the jetta now wait till you get the gl4 installed and correctly timed.:D Ed

Thats funny right there ;)

Back