• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New injectors

3bals

Retired Firefighter
Reaction score
OK, I know I'm cutting it close, but the weather here in Minnesota finally decided to straighten out. (I think/hope) 30 degrees and a foot of snow a week ago, in the southern part of the state. :mad2: Now I can work on my stuff outside (cuz I can't get it inside).

It's time to replace the injectors in my 1999 P-30 chassis motor home. Yep, the same one that I had issues with last summer.

My question is: which injectors to get and where to buy them? I prefer new vs. remanned. I don't need high output either, I think. It's just a motor home, but MPGs are important. It's been a long time since I researched injectors and I don't know the latest and greatest. Same for glowplugs. I'll be replacing them too. I've always used Delco 60Gs.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Jody

Not sure if Leroy sells injectors but I know Kennedy does.

For GP in MN, try to get Bosch Duraterms.
RockAuto have them fairly economical.

Also, you can check for injectors there.

I don't at this time.
We need another member to start doing rebuilds on them again. I'd be happy to sell them though my supporting vendor. Could be a nice extra cash flow for him.

I don't at this time. We need another member to start doing rebuilds on them again. I'd be happy to sell them though my supporting vendor. Could be a nice extra cash flow for him.
I have a shop I have dealt with for quite awhile now. They do 90 percent of the fuel work for a major 6.5 marine engine builder, They sell new or remanufactured with Genuine Bosch nozzles. I had mine set at 2300 psi and they have worked fine for me. PM and I will send you their info if you are interested.

That still leaves me with questions. Do new (Bosch) come preset at a certain "pop" pressure? Are they all the same, as in checked to be in tolerance? What should be the "pop" psi be set at for my motorhome?

I want to have the best that I should have, as the injector swap on this rig will be difficult, considering the engine/body configuration. (wrists and elbows bending in directions that aren't normal)

Also what would be the timeline to order/receive specially set injectors?

New injectors should be set correctly. Keyword is "set". Of course, you never know unless somebody test them before install.

Not sure on the timeline, you are talking to another customer instead of the producer.
May want to PM Slim to get the rebuilder phone number and ask them directly.

It is like asking about brain surgery to the plumber that comes to your house to fix the toilet???

IMO the Duraterms get hotter faster than the 60G's. I would also say they are tougher as I have hurt the 60G's bad and not had trouble with the Duraterms. Bad is like the nub is all that was left of them... Neither choice heats up as fast as the OEM plugs and you should have more glow timed added via a tune or resistor mod depending on the year and GP control used.

I found a new set of 8 Duraterms on Amazon for $54 delivered to my door and decided on a set of fuel miser injectors from SSD, so we'll see how that all works out. Now, to get them all in in the next couple weeks.

Careful of the ss injectors. Use bosch or oem. I got a set of those before I read about them, then got pop tested reman bosch injectors for peice of mind knowing they won't frag.

Everyone suggested the Bosch but why did you bother going with the ssd injectors?

Because people wants to do whatever they want to do!!! LOL!!!
That is what I learn, there is probably only 50% of people do what the expert said.
I did and never have minimal problem but the one that is not, they will come back all the time with the same issue.

In general, SSD is probably not high on a lot of people list as far as supplier.
He is the best salesman out of most 6.5L vendor, well may be there is one better salesman than him.

Well, first of all NOBODY actually gave me any real facts on the Bosch, just that they had used them and some had their's set at a certain pop pressure. I had a couple PMs on where to get mine remanned with Bosch tips. I had one person that I know and trust that was able to give me info on the SSD injectors, plus I have never been let down by that company in all the years I have dealt with them. Now, they maybe not the most liked company out the there, for whatever reasons, but like I said, I haven't had a problem with them. I have also learned a lot from forums like this and the members on them, but when I get limited information, I have to go with what I feel is right (and sometimes wrong) and my research tells me what to do. Not just because some people don't like certain businesses for whatever reasons.

I'm not saying that I don't trust the info I get here or on any of the diesel forums, It's just that I didn't get enough info to make a decision different than the one I did, in the time frame that I had to work with. Right or wrong, I'm the one that will have to live with it. And, I really do appreciate any and all feed back I get when I post on here. I could have not posted my plan of action of this on here and nobody would have ever known the difference. I just felt compelled to let the group know what I did for information purposes, not to be chastised for it.

Just to be clear, I will post any results on this decision, good or bad, when I get some.

Thanks to all that helped me,

Well, first of all NOBODY actually gave me any real facts on the Bosch, just that they had used them and some had their's set at a certain pop pressure. I had a couple PMs on where to get mine remanned with Bosch tips. I had one person that I know and trust that was able to give me info on the SSD injectors, plus I have never been let down by that company in all the years I have dealt with them. Now, they maybe not the most liked company out the there, for whatever reasons, but like I said, I haven't had a problem with them. I have also learned a lot from forums like this and the members on them, but when I get limited information, I have to go with what I feel is right (and sometimes wrong) and my research tells me what to do. Not just because some people don't like certain businesses for whatever reasons.

I'm not saying that I don't trust the info I get here or on any of the diesel forums, It's just that I didn't get enough info to make a decision different than the one I did, in the time frame that I had to work with. Right or wrong, I'm the one that will have to live with it. And, I really do appreciate any and all feed back I get when I post on here. I could have not posted my plan of action of this on here and nobody would have ever known the difference. I just felt compelled to let the group know what I did for information purposes, not to be chastised for it.

Just to be clear, I will post any results on this decision, good or bad, when I get some.

Hey man. No disrespect I have had good dealings with SSD as well. But I just pulled a set of their marine injectors off my truck, only about a year and 30,000mi old. The back two passenger side were cracked from the heat of the exhaust manifold even through the heat shield and they were leaking fuel into my cylinders overnight and causing hella white smoke in the mornings. Just saying man they are crap. Peninsular diesel sells true Bosch marine injectors brand new for like $55 a piece. The only reason I didn't get those was because I needed them ASAP and they said I would have to wait a month. So I got Kennedy's set of reman Bosch for a good price and I am very pleased with them.

Stick to AC Delco and Bosch for injectors man. Better to pay a little more than pay twice!

I don't intend to chastise anybody. Sorry if you felt that way.

Good luck with your dealing with SSD.

My suggestion is to still bring it to a rebuilder to pop test them before you install them.
Make sure they are not leaking.

FWIW I only know what I see. These are what I received from SSD.

Attachments

• bosch.jpg
    bosch.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 108
Damn if those SSDS Fuelmiser injectors don't say Bosch on them! Yeah, have a local shop check the pop pressures on them to see how close they are to one another, and if they are any different than the stock pop pressures for standard and marine injectors. I'm wondering if they are standard nozzles set to a higher pop pressure than stock to give a finer atomization of the spray - and hence more complete and efficient combustion with resulting higher HP and better MPG for a given rpm.

Yes, but what is the standard pop pressure for stock and/or marine injectors?

Back