• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

new injectors

Add 80 dollar core charge to that and your at the same price as rockauto for brand new bosch FYI.

Either way I'd call tim and see if he match the pop PSI's.

That is not the kr_services, this one is a listing also from WI but the guy was selling a new ones in yellow box. NO CORE. Search under 6.5 injector. seller is moneyslave. I don't think I can link it here, since ebay is not a supporter.

From Accurate, make sure you get the rebuild not the new ones. The new ones say Medallion in the description. IIRC, the rebuild has core charge also.

See my earlier reply.

... 2100 pop, all within 50 psi.

Thing is, if you buy a new set and pop testing shows them to be inadequately balanced, you then have to spend even more to have them balanced.

Hence my preference for a high-quality reman set from a reliable vendor.

I agree 100%. Just showing options. Absolutely brand new ones aren't close to matched. Makes me want to do the same even though I only have 10k on this set.

Funny how info varies so much from one person to the next.

60 g's work great for me. First set lasted 160k miles and I'm 40k miles into the second set without a single problem. Coldest/longest winter we've had in years and my old girl cranked every time.....

They work with the override and yes I agree they last the longest but in my experience they don't start the best. I have them in my Burb and it won't start without override. I'm gonna swap them for Duratherms. They didn't start good in my Tahoe either. My Old 2000 started better on Autolites(I think that is what I had.)

They work with the override and yes I agree they last the longest but in my experience they don't start the best. I have them in my Burb and it won't start without override. I'm gonna swap them for Duratherms. They didn't start good in my Tahoe either. My Old 2000 started better on Autolites(I think that is what I had.)

You have to see where Oddlaw is located. That is why he does not need override with 60G.

I just received my injectors from accurate diesel today. (I just got them from the mail box because I work out of town). I installed the drivers side and it was easy as pie. The injectors are nice. They are cleaned very well, and the threads are in good enough shape for me to have been able to thread the injectors all the way in by hand. They are mostly bosch germany, with a bosch france and delphi mixed in. I am soaking my turbo bolts right now in preparation for tackling the passenger side. What will I need partswise to do this besides turbo manifold and oil drain gaskets? Thanks.

Steve

No need for a gasket for turbo to manifold. Oil return gasket is a dealer item.I've just rtv the old gasket on the oil return.No pressure there.

I did mine with turbo on,, not that bad, It seemed like to much of a pain to get those turbo bolts off, what with the tight spot, bad angle and massive torque required to take it off. I figured I vent all that frustration on the 2 middle injectors. =)

I removed my inner fender to reach the turbo bolts and for better access to everything. Removing the inner fender is real easy and worth the little bit of extra time to do, plus I will be able to scrub it up and make it look nice. My turbo nuts came off easy also, I soaked them with wd-40 and went for a short drive to heat them up.

steve

Back