• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

new hood

BigBearZach

Reaction score
ok guys i did the dumbest thing ever opened my hood to see a part i needed at the auto parts store closed the hood but did not latch it go in store get parts forget to latch hood start driving and next thing you know i cant see because of a hood. so i am now looking to get a ram air or a cowl hood if you have pictures of them on you truck let me see them please so it will help me find the one that i want.

did it screw up the hinges or wrap itself around the cab?

I think Goodmark hoods are decent, have heard of a few folks getting those and they seem to be fine.

on a side note, I allways latch the safety catch at the least, can get back in without popping it from the cab, but the big safety hook will hold it at highway speed.

Been there, done that!! Needed new shorts afterwards. Kind of scary when you are in traffic and doing about 35 MPH. Fortunately I was in the far left lane and had a chance to quickly pull to the side. Since then I've always tried to either leave the hood all the way up, or close it.

Don

Hey Leroy, does the cowl hood let heat out from under enough to justify replacing my golf ball hail damaged hood? Got the mrfsu and prefilter today. Thanks

I really dont know about the hood. I think its for looks, but could be made much more functional if needed.

Any questions on MRFSU install let me know (PM/email me). Matter of fact is would be awesome if someone did a little write up about it.

Back