• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Here Hello from So. Indiana

Jackrabbit

Reaction score
Hello you all at the Truck Stop. I Found this Website when searching on Google for info on the GM 6.5.
I have a 1999 K3500 Dually Crew Cab Short Bed Brought it New Has about 38000 miles on it. I drive over the road so I only drive it on weekends or when we go camping. I pull a 30ft 5th wheel & I got a 20ft car trailer that I load up with my Restore John Deere Lawn Tractors & go to Tractor Show s around here in Indiana.
I have done a lot of reading on here about what you can do to the 6.5 to make it run better. I just got done with it last night, I put a new down pipe & 4" Exhaust, New oil cooler line kit from PMD Cable {Leroy was very help full} Also put a remote oil filter base, move pass. side battery & put the air box were the battery was w/3" Duct from turbo to Airbox & 4" duct work coming into it, and a new Amsoil Filter.
Next on the list is to replace lift pump & install remote fuel filter, do the FTB & move the PMD.
Thanks for putting all this info on here, It has help me a LOT.

Welcome to TTS!

38k, wow. Looks like you are doing the right stuff. Leroy won't steer you wrong.

WOW 38000 on a 99 sweet. Must be a mint ride. When you figure out how to work this site throw up some pics.

Like you I found this site and a few others with just a search. Tried a few others but when I seen post refuring to post on this site. I knew this was the place to be. Welcome aboard!!

Back