• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New guy

4L60E Guy

Reaction score
I've been studying/lurking/reading about the 6.5L TD for about 3 years now. My son got a free 94 K3500 6.5 TD at that time. It needed a fair amount of work and his budget doesn't allow for unlimited funds and time to be thrown at it. This site has given me a lot of knowledge to help the dad/son project truck. it is now a running and driving truck, with a small issue I can't pin point...
Me/Dad is a semi retired master tech. Building transmissions since 1978, retired from the trade in 2007 after 30 years in the trenches. Took a job with Advance Auto Parts as a store manager. Not building transmissions lasted until 2011. Then I started doing the 4L60E at home as a craigslister. I now build approximately 50-60 units per year. I went part-time at the parts store in 2019.

Welcome to the forum 4L
If You have not already done so, maybe start a thread of the issues You are having with the unit, I am sure someone in here may have had some similar problems and possibly found a cure.

what we haven't been able to pin down is an idle issue. touchy throttle and feels like a big cam at idle. It now seems as though the 5068 injector pump is bad, even though it only has 55k on it from GM at $1800.00 when it was done
Earlier today I was reading in a thread that dealt with IP and timing. In there I read some statements about if the timing is advanced too far the throttle control will be quite touchy.
it was an old thread, 1990 or some such.

Back