• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Guy just wanting to say Hello !

Mike K3500

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mike and I'm from Central Michigan. I've been lurking for awhile and reading lots, some very good informative stuff here.

I have a 93 K 3500 Dually that is going to be getting a motor from Ted's here soon, I have spoken with Margaret a few times and have talked to Ricky once.. Some of the nicest people to talk to.

I talked to her a week ago and Ted had given me permission to stop on by there to look at a 6.5 and drop off a deposit while I'm on my trip, after I return home I will send the rest of the payment to get it delivered.

I have a buddy that has lots of 6.5's and parts.. ( he used to hot rod them, but has since switched to a D - Max in his OBS 93 truck ), before this unit goes in my truck I will be getting several parts from him very cheap, including a fluidamper, head studs, a custom DB4, and a custom modded GM8.. maybe in time will go the HX-40.

What are your thoughts ??

Mike

:welcome2:
We like custom and modded stuff:thumbsup: Careful these are addicting[see signature]:eek:

Welcome! An addict in the making for sure! I mean enthusiast.

The only thing I would be a little leary of is the DB4, but with determination anything is possible.

Thanks for the warm welcoming guys.. As for the DB4, I have read a fair bit about them here and other "place"s and it seems like most are speaking of the lack of adjust-ability with them, and how they don't work well on vehicles that use varying throttle speeds constantly.

I asked my buddy about it and he said he had no problems at all with his truck and it's drive-ability, he had told me that he had got it directly from Stanadyne. I checked them out and according to there site, the DB4's are "new and improved". I'm only buying it from him because he is unloading everything cheap.

Mike

Yep, another welcome. If you buddy wants to clear out his parts make a list and post it up. I would be interested in some head studs.
Got pictures of your truck?

Welcome aboard, Mike! Pull up a stump, grab a coffee, and settle in ... this here's the best bunch of 6.5 guys on the internet. You done found the right place!

Jim

Yessir...For now that is, I'm getting ready to take a hella road trip.

Leaving Mt. Pleasant Michigan - to Midland city Alabama to look at a motor at Ted's.

From Ted's to Leesville Louisiana to see some friends.

From Louisiana to Dallas Texas to see my brother.

From Dallas to Phoenix Arizona to see a buddy of mine for a couple weeks to check things out..Then back to finish up a few loose ends, Might be moving out there with my girlfriend and my 2 lil boys.

Yessir...For now that is, I'm getting ready to take a hella road trip.

Leaving Mt. Pleasant Michigan - to Midland city Alabama to look at a motor at Ted's.

From Ted's to Leesville Louisiana to see some friends.

From Louisiana to Dallas Texas to see my brother.

From Dallas to Phoenix Arizona to see a buddy of mine for a couple weeks to check things out..Then back to finish up a few loose ends, Might be moving out there with my girlfriend and my 2 lil boys.

Yikes, hope you saves up some gas money. Im in virginia for coast guard training, Ill be back home in april. I cant wait to get out of here.

Back