• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New guy from sask canada

Darkrider

Lobo Solitario
Reaction score
Hey guys... My name is Chris and a buddy of mine pointed me towards this site after i told him about the truck i'm getting. I am making a down payment on a '94 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Short box 4x4 with the 6.5 Turbo Diesel in it. The seller and i haven't agreed on a firm price just yet but will have that figured out when i take the money to him on the 16th of next month.

What i know about the truck so far:

'95 engine (original spun a bearing)
Steering has been rebuilt
It has either a rebuilt or new trans (seller wasn't sure which just noticed it was newer then the rest of the truck when he swapped in the new engine)
Seller will be replacing the output shaft seal and rear u joint as well as the IP before i take possession.
It has mild rust on the rocker panels.

Plans for the truck:

Mild lift, most likely will be a t bar crank in the front to level it out. and maybe a 2" body lift.
More agressive tires
Bushwaker OE flares
delete the cat or replace it with high flow unit
high flow muffler

Thats it for now lol..I will take pics of the truck when i take the payment to the seller.

Last edited:
Welcome to The Truck Stop Chris. You came to the right place to learn all about the 6.5 you're buying. Take plenty of time to read up as much as you can here and I'm sure you'll get a good education.

:welcome3:

Welcome. My other half is from Coleville, Sk. We get up there at least once a year.

Well i had a chat with the friend im buying the truck from and found out he has already done the following mods to it.

PMD relocation
bypassed the FFM and added a filter set up from a 6.2 with the spin on filters
bypassed the rollover switch on the lift pump
and advanced the timing on the IP

So it looks like i have less to do to deal with reliablity and can focus more on adding more power to the beast lol

OPS is the Oil Pressure Sender

It has two jobs. One is to tell the dash the oil pressure. The second is to turn on and off the fuel lift pump.

It is prone to fail from all the electricity the LP pull threw it.

Where did he relocate the PMD? Hopefully out of the engine bay, the intake is the worst place.

OPS is the Oil Pressure Sender

It has two jobs. One is to tell the dash the oil pressure. The second is to turn on and off the fuel lift pump.

It is prone to fail from all the electricity the LP pull threw it.

From what i understand he didnt touch the OPS itself..Just disconnected the LP from it and wired it in directly so it is triggered by the Key not the OPS. At least thats how i understand it.

Where did he relocate the PMD? Hopefully out of the engine bay, the intake is the worst place.

From what i understand of the description he gave me it sounds like he put it directly in the airbox, I will prob relocate it onto a heat sink mounted on the inner fender with the heat sink inside the fender as i seen done on a truck on here. Reason im not going with the bumper location is because the stock bumper may not be staying on my Sierra too long after i get it. The plan is to fab up a Pre Runner style bumper with a Winch mount in it.

Welcome. You should pick up a new 4" exhaust.

Colby

Thanks! Will def consider it. More then likely in the form of shortening the exhaust slightly so it exits in front of the rear wheel like my Dodge. As well as a 3" crossover pipe either fabbed here or purchased online if i could find a source for one

Welcome to the Truck Stop

Thanks!

Back