• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New guy from Iowa

gy67

Reaction score
Hey guys just found this site while wasting time at work today. Just sold my 98 GMC Ext. cab 4x4 this week and already miss it. It was the best truck I've owned to date but it's replacement is coming next week. My father in-law is selling me his (early) 99 Chevy K2500 quad cab 4x4. His truck is just as spotless as my 98 GMC was so I'm pretty excited. Are there any known issues with with the 99 K2500's? It has the 5.7 Vortec as my GMC had but I believe it may have a 4L80E trans where my 98 had the 4L60E in it if I'm correct. What can anyone tell me. Thanks guys.

Welcome here, gy67! When your truck arrives, fill out your signature to share all the gory details, and join in the crowd. This place has the best members around, and they'll help you with your ride... in the meantime, spend some time looking around, read the forums a bit to get a handle on things, and join in when you feel you want to!

Jim

Mark I'll be in your city this weekend. Gonna be at a buddies block party out in the Schweibert Dr. housing development this weekend. Won't have my new truck until Tuesday otherwise I'd swing by and say hey.

Back