• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New gauges

6.5td1994

Reaction score
I have purchase a set of new gauges for my 1994 td. I have looked for some simple mounting and installation guides but I have not had much luck. I have found installation guides for the boost gauge but instillation for the fuel pressure sensor and for the EGT gauge is a little more difficult to find. any information or direction from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

I plan on keeping everything stock but while reading some of the post it was recommended to purchase a boost, fuel pressure and EGT gauge to make sure everything is staying in check. Once I know where everything is at as is I may start to make mod on an as needed bases.

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

For boost and fuel psi look at Leroydiesel.com (burning oil screen name). He has a boost bolt and fuel pressure tap that make install a breeze. EGT is drilled and tapped into the passenger side exhaust manifold preturbo typically. There is a 1"x1" square that looks like it is made for a gauge tap and most people use it.

Leroy's boost bolt is the only way to go. I had customized my fuel supply so I didn't need his fuel pressure tap but would have if kept stock system.

I have purchase a set of new gauges for my 1994 td. I have looked for some simple mounting and installation guides but I have not had much luck. I have found installation guides for the boost gauge but instillation for the fuel pressure sensor and for the EGT gauge is a little more difficult to find. any information or direction from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

I plan on keeping everything stock but while reading some of the post it was recommended to purchase a boost, fuel pressure and EGT gauge to make sure everything is staying in check. Once I know where everything is at as is I may start to make mod on an as needed bases.

Thanks in advance for all your help!!
Check out my videos on the web site. No drilling/tapping needed.

For boost and fuel psi look at Leroydiesel.com (burning oil screen name). He has a boost bolt and fuel pressure tap that make install a breeze. EGT is drilled and tapped into the passenger side exhaust manifold preturbo typically. There is a 1"x1" square that looks like it is made for a gauge tap and most people use it.
Thank you again for the referals.
Leroy's boost bolt is the only way to go. I had customized my fuel supply so I didn't need his fuel pressure tap but would have if kept stock system.
Thank you. You need to buy an old 6.5 again. You know you miss it.

Just a quick update.

I was able to get all my gauges installed yesterday and everything seems to be working. the one thing that I noticed is that while idling I have just a few pounds of fuel pressure. while driving down the road the fuel pressure drops to 0.

I have installed the sensor in line to the supply line of the fuel filter. When I turn the truck off and just turn the key on the fuel pressure will rise to almost 5psi. I have bypassed the OPS for the time being to make sure all my gauges work properly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Go to kennedy diesel and pick up a lift pump control harness it is a good price I have two out of three of my 6.5 truck running with them. I'll be buying one more soon. Then pick up a new lift pump or upgrade it. Takes about 1.5 hours to 2 hours to install the kit. 94 trucks are easy.

Just a quick update.

I was able to get all my gauges installed yesterday and everything seems to be working. the one thing that I noticed is that while idling I have just a few pounds of fuel pressure. while driving down the road the fuel pressure drops to 0.

I have installed the sensor in line to the supply line of the fuel filter. When I turn the truck off and just turn the key on the fuel pressure will rise to almost 5psi. I have bypassed the OPS for the time being to make sure all my gauges work properly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Normal for a stock lift pump, but still not what the IP needs to perform its best. You need a pump that will supplly 9-12 psi at idle like the Walbro FRC10 I sell. You will be happy if you do it.
Also run a relay harness.

Back