• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Fluid Flavor

Mr Baadboy

Reaction score
I am installing a amsoil duel remote oil filter on my Truck 03 GMC HD Turbo Diesel............ Witch filters due you guys recommened and what Flavor Oil?
Truck has 225,000 of witch 29 are mine ,no leaks or any burnning
Thanks ...john

I would recommend the Amsoil Eao filter and Bypass filter with Amsoil AME 15w-40, all available from me at wholesale price.

If mounting down by frame rail, install as long a filter that will not extend below the frame.
I use the EA026, which is longer than the OEM, and a BF100 bypass which is about the same length.
Adding these increases my oil capacity to about 11.5 qts to top of fill mark.

EABP-100 for sure. The EABP 90 is good to about 10 quarts, but the extra capacity of the larger eaBP100 is well worth the extra couple of bux. I run the EABP100 on my PSD

John you also have PM on the other stuff.....Thank You

I used to run the AMS bypass, my oil tests showed that it did not keep my oil any cleaner. I removed it, and run the mobil 1 filter. It keeps the oil cleaner. I switched to rotella T Syn and it got even cleaner. My oil is cleaner at a lower cost than AMS and I can pick up the oil/filters anytime....
Just food for thought

Some food for thought....clean oil means it not doing it's main function......to clean the engine

As for the bypass filter not filtering better and a Mobil........I'm not thinking so. Post your analysis to back this claim up please.

I used to run the AMS bypass, my oil tests showed that it did not keep my oil any cleaner. I removed it, and run the mobil 1 filter. It keeps the oil cleaner. I switched to rotella T Syn and it got even cleaner. My oil is cleaner at a lower cost than AMS and I can pick up the oil/filters anytime....
Just food for thought

Ragin is right, your claim about filtration is unlikely at best. We're going to need to see some kind of proof on that one.

Last edited:
X---2

Ps. Can I also get a sticker for my rear Camper Top Window Amsoil

Consider it done!! maybe a couple you can just palster anywhere you want:hurray:.

Wrecker we also have out own single kits I build and use Baldwin bypass filter with and we get great results from them. You and I know the truth:wink5:

I have the bypass kit and wouldn't trade it for all the Rotello Oil in a store, When the truck is gone, I will buy another kit. Itis proven itself many times over. Thats the reason I also use Nicktane fuel filter set up.....Would someone pm prices of EAoP 100 and EAoP 26 filter prices....also 15W40 Diesel Oil 2.5 gallon prices....
I also seem to be changing out the O rings on the Oil filter adapter housing....the innner one gets brittle at about 20k miles

I run the 5-30 HDD oil and love the fact that the engine was instantly quieter and runs really smooth. I am going to change to the dual remote also. But, I am not going to change the oil, just add until it reaches the appropriate level and do a analysis after 3000 miles to see how good the filters and oil really are. I am a dealer myself, but I want to put my oil to the test.

Tony

Yes been there done that. I have a couple customers that haul cars from PHX to Texas that go 60K between changes. Both running duel systems with eabp100's and eao26's.

Oil analysis always look great but to be safe and feel all warm and fuzzy inside we service them.

Base Line

All installed and Flushed and filled With 228k Something.............
When should i take a sample for a base line numbers for the Oil Analisis program? Also when do you guys change your Filters
By-pass......
Full Flow......
And i read about the hardening of the adapter o-ring
I took it out for a test run to ck for leaks and i can feel those extra 20 horses should have done this ahwile ago:wink5::devil:

When should i take a sample for a base line numbers for the Oil Analisis program? Also when do you guys change your Filters
By-pass......
Full Flow......
And i read about the hardening of the adapter o-ring I took it out for a test run to ck for leaks and i can feel those extra 20 horses should have done this ahwile ago:wink5::devil:

I took my bypass filter adapter off last summer to replace the O-ring because of a small (dripping) leak. As you said, the O-ring was hard.
I would guess the O-ring is Buna N, (Nitrile), which is a cheap common material used for petroleums.
Nitrile is rated for an maximum operating temperature of 250 deg F.
The next time I replace this adapter O-ring, I'll look for Viton O-rings, (Florocarbon), which is also very good for petroleum products and has a higher operating temp up to 400 deg F.

http://true-mark.com/
http://www.sealingdevices.com/orings/oring_chemicalcompatibility.pdf
http://www.ccsdualsnap.com/pdf/00-5700.pdf

Last edited:
By-pass......
Full Flow......
And i read about the hardening of the adapter o-ring
I took it out for a test run to ck for leaks and i can feel those extra 20 horses should have done this ahwile ago:wink5::devil:

I would get your baseline sample at 10K. if you just installed the system you will have awhile before it starts to leak from the oring. Amsoil has updated the actual head that fits onto the full flow base also. A much nicer way of doing it with less chance of the drip. The new systems are very nice and the price didn't change.

I change the bypass and full flow when I change the oil. Usually I have about a TBN rating of 4 left at 20K

Back