• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Equipment

aggar

Don't tear it up!
Reaction score
So Since the prices of the crops were good, Who got new equipment so uncle Obamma didn't get all the money??

WE got a new Tractor and just bought a new(used) combine last week. I'll get pics later this week. They're in the shed.

Before the end of the year in 08 we bought a used Cat MT865 tractor and last week they bought a Cat 580R combine and 12 row head.

I get a weekly newsletter from our congressman, and he has talked about talking to obama and telling him about the ag industry, etc. hopefully the rest of the gov't will keep that guy lined out.

But anyways, congrats on the Challenger, I think they are some of the best tractors out there.

ANd we got a new service truck.
F5501.jpg

F5502.jpg

We've got a Service bed that's being painted and we're putting a crane, welder/generator, Torch, Fuel tank, Air Compressor. You know a Shop on wheels!

Eh I don't know how good the prices were really. Around here we only have feedlots to deal with so we can't do all that forward contracting guys with a few elevators around do. Still got a decent price for the corn at harvest, but only half what the high was.Still considering that most of our beets were hailed out and the replacement corn was planted way late we had a good crop. What actually made me decent money this year was my purchase from the start of the year. Buying the 9600 and doing custom stuff worked out well this year. Hope the price of wheat is decent so I can do it again next year. The guys I cut for are cattle guys, if wheat goes too low they'll just bale it and plant corn there instead. I did end up getting another truck when I was finishing up corn, borrowed my cousin's grain trailer to pull behind it for that. Gonna pull the sleeper and put a box on it same as the other truck probably, but considering a live bottom trailer too. They are a ton of money though.

Pretty nice truck, got a good deal on it: 98 western star, 430/500 detroit and 13 speed. You can see there the difference between it and the 87. Similar but a little different. The jake on the detroit is awesome btw, slows way more than the one on the cat in the 87.

I would really like to buy a another tractor and a grain cart but it's so damn much money. Looking into guidance and strip till too, but again, the money. I think I could maybe do some custom strip tilling though cause lots of other guys think they are a lot of money too. Gonna talk to a few guys and see how interested they are.

Attachments

• 1125081402a.jpg
    1125081402a.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 1127081142.jpg
    1127081142.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 1127081548.jpg
    1127081548.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 26
Back