• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New engine

pipelinetrash89

Reaction score
Well guys I think I'm going to build me a new engine for my old girl here in a few weeks. I'm going to start with a Teds engine. Anyone around the Tulsa area want to come and help me out :thumbsup:

That's a bit of a haul for me and I'm up to get hitched soon. Maybe I can make it that way to give a hand sliding it in.

Sent from: Source Unknown

You wouldn't happen to have a cherry picker would ya? :eek: I got a good used long block I'd be willing to trade your time and cherry picker for :thumbsup:

Well buddy, I got one tracked down. I'm going to yank the motor and build the new one up and throw the new one in. Me and my wife are expecting right now, so I need to get home and I think this will be the perfect project while I'm at home for a while. I would love some help getting the new one in a running right.

And I've got 2 trucks with bad engines. A deal can be struck. I have a wh1c that needs a turbo master and I have a parts engine. I do have a Big cherry picker and a decent tool selection. I can pick up a timing meter too.

This is going to be my first diesel build. I've built a bunch of SBC, BBS, and some strokers but this is my first diesel. I have NO clue on how to time my old ip to the new motor. I think I have a vague idea, but not really sure.

I have done my 93 and 95, I know I got the 95 right but I question my 93's timing, I want to try a different timing set up to see what the results are. Also I want to check timing 2k rpm to see if I want to change anything.

I have a guy I might get a timing set up from.

Back