• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New camaro vs mustang vs challenger r/t

The Camaro has been the better N/A performer for a long time, with larger engines, better aerodynamics, etc...

But I love the Challenger design, I wish they did the same with the camaro, bring back the old design lines and look.

Hot Rod posted a small blurb that the SCCA is bringing back the old TransAm series. Right now though it's all tube frame chasis and fiber glass bodies. The hope is that they will have a class for production cars. Man I miss the old road racing series, hope they bring it back. It would be nice to see the new Camaro, Mustang and Dodge Challenger go at it again! :thumbsup:
JP

the chevys always do-.......they keep back up ready too,they could put the corvette moter in them

They were going to do that back in the late 90's but they found the Camaro was faster than the Vette so they pulled the engine back out. It would have been bad press for the Vette.

Camaro has always been one of the quickest off the line.

1969-1971 were good years for both Camaros and Vettes they had the LT1s, ZL-1s at about 400hp and higher.

In 1969 they had some special order camaros with 425hp and 2 vettes with 585hp.

You know for the 2SS package being about $35-37-ish, that ain't bad.

Heck, $22k for the baseline model, is actually pretty reasonable.

Nice - I was hoping there would be a video of that. Somewhere there must be a video of that Camaro. It looks like the best balance of the three.

I saw a head to head video of the new Mustang and the Challenger not long ago. Both were nice...the Challenger picked up some old bad habits - plenty of ponies, but doesn't feel like it wants to stay on the road. The Mustang cornered better, but the Challenger ate it up.

Back