• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New bed on an old C3500

FatFut

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I have had some time on my hands after getting my knee rebuilt and I have been looking for any information about putting a newer bed on my 1994 GMC crew cab. I have an opportunity to get a take off bed from a 2010 GMC dually. I have been trying to find someone that might have already done this. I like the idea of the steel fenders instead of the fiberglass I have now. I'm hoping there might have been one already documented, but if not I will be the pioneer and figure out what it takes to do it and share the results here. As always thanks for the help and guidance.

Having put decks on trucks of all ages, you'll find the frame rails are 4" wider on the new one. I don't know if the mounts will be in a different location.

Thanks Leo, that confirms what I was finding. I'm excited to get started on this project. I think it will make a drastic improvement in the appearance of my truck.

Back