• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

NEW 6.5s everywhere! But none for me :(

Pillow

Recruit
Reaction score
... I am in a place that I cannot talk about. Doing things I cannot talk about. And that I cannot take pictures of.

BUT I am staring at pallets full of NEW 6.5 motors attached to transmissions waiting to be deployed who knows where. GM tagged Melton engines. Mechanical pumps too boot!

I want one!!!

Needless to say this motor is alive and well and we should have parts available for a long time :)

The military isn't getting rid of many 6.5s yet. quite a few 6.2s though. I got 2 or 3 of the "Melton" rebuilts when I bought the 8 military 6.2s.

The military started replacing all 6.2 that croaked with non turbo 6.5 sometime in 2002/2003. But, the way they change there mind who knows.

I would love to have a spare military 6.5! :thumbsup:

... I am in a place that I cannot talk about. Doing things I cannot talk about. And that I cannot take pictures of.

BUT I am staring at pallets full of NEW 6.5 motors attached to transmissions waiting to be deployed who knows where. GM tagged Melton engines. Mechanical pumps too boot!

I want one!!!

Needless to say this motor is alive and well and we should have parts available for a long time :)

Talk about sending the fox to watch the hen house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!):h:eek::D

Back