• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

new 08 badges

kramer56

Recruit
Reaction score
OK guys I just joined thanks to my buddy steve for letting me know about this, and now i have a question on how to remove the old badges and the glue and reinstall the new ones which i think are pretty nice. Only thing is I forgot to order the new style for the tailgate as well whichi may just take them off and leave it that way. I know unit453 did it to his but i am retarded and forgot whathe told me.

I would use a hair dryer to heat up the glue behind the badge. Then take fishing line to remove the badge itself. After the badge is completely off use some adhesive remover to get the rest of the sticky glue off. After all said and done I would then use some alcohol prep pads to make sure everything is good and clean.

Last edited:
I used fishing line but it kept breaking, mainly because I'm retarded and didnt buy strong enough line. I used adheasive remover...In copious amounts...Took about 20 minutes per side.

I used fishing line but it kept breaking, mainly because I'm retarded and didnt buy strong enough line. I used adheasive remover...In copious amounts...Took about 20 minutes per side.

Didn't buy strong enough line...YA THINK:thumbsup:I still think you're swell

I am going to leave my off, just debadge the truck, I don't want DOT to dip my tanks

Try using the braided fishing line like Fire Line it's small dia. and super strong. If I snag one of my jigs I wrap a wood dowel around the line and it straightens out the hook...:D

yeah i here ya on the dot.
thanks for the eraser info guys i just some time to put the damn things on now that i've had them for week or so.

For you guys that have switched to the NBS badges, how did you guys level the letters now that they are separate from eachother unlike the GMT-800's were? I'm guessing a level piece of masking or blue painters tape to reference and make it look stock?

For you guys that have switched to the NBS badges, how did you guys level the letters now that they are separate from eachother unlike the GMT-800's were? I'm guessing a level piece of masking or blue painters tape to reference and make it look stock?

they are on a see thru plastic strip and spaced correctly.

Best I got
emblem.jpg

here is a couple of mine

Attachments

• 100_1611.jpg
    100_1611.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_1612.jpg
    100_1612.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_1614.jpg
    100_1614.jpg