• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Needing some help

smokymtn65

Reaction score
Replaced heads about 30,000 miles ago. Building pressure in cooling system now. I have right side down everything looked ok visibly. Took head to local shop no cracks ( I am amazed) asked him to pressure test anyway. So what to do now? Pull it and go through it check for block crack? Or clean it up good and reinstall hoping it was a gasket... Suggestions.... please.
I am planning on a turbo upgrade 35 or 40 I am running a 8 now. near future upgrade will include a program and WTA intercooler also. Thanks

If you would have pulled the thermostat housing first and started it you could have watched for bubbles and known which side was causing issues

Usually the cracks are visible. Usually run verically
Visual inspection shows nothing other than a nice cross-hatch pattern. Guess I will clean it up. chase and clean the threads good and put her back together and say a prayer. Thank you for your responses (BTW your neck of the woods is on the bucket list for the Burb!)

Well after so long a time.... culprit found. Blown HG #7 give a little test time then back to upgrades one piece at a time!

Back