• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

need tuner

alright guys since my last sign on i got offers on 2 used tuners and i cant decide which to buy. the first is a superchips that has 3 tunes, can correct for tire size etc. but i dont know which model yet and its for $299. the other is a PPE standard and theyre askin $315... that thing retails for $600...

both will do all that i need and then some, but for $15 more, i could get the PPE and have a whole lot more to play with than i would with the superchips so im leanin towards the PPE. im just kinda iffy about it since the price is so low. the guys answerin a bunch of my questions and is gona send me some pics to check out the units condition.

what do yall think?

what do you consider smoke??
The PPE doesnt smoke much IMO

your avatar is an ass load imo. half that much would be more than enough for me

the PPE has been sold but i just got an offer on a brand new Quadzilla, only been used once. has 6 settings, up to 135 hp and is updateable. it has a one year warranty on the parts and software. $320 shipped. would that be better than the superchips?

I dont think the PPE on level 10 smokes half as much as that tune in my avatar.

EFI Tune with lots of fuel, little timing. and locking the tranny in 5th at 30mph.

probably a little less unless you run a bigger tune. your vvt really helps clear up smoke quicker. mine tends to lug the motor a little, as heavy as the truck is. that causes a lot of that smoke, dumping shiitloads of fuel in before the turbo picks up.

i'll see if i can get a video of the 190/215 tune in a couple days for comparison. thats a freeway stopper.

o **** man i cant wait hahaha

one of durallymaxs videos is of him on like a highway crossover thing and he burns out and just pours smoke onto the highway below. wish i could smoke that much if i wanted to :(

Back