• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need to save DIY threads on mods 4 my truck

orrum

Reaction score
Hey folks, my neighbors are cancelling their Hughes Net wireless internet, which they allow me to hi jack off of. I have saved certain mod threads to my favorites on my laptop so I can do them as I get the time and money. Now I will have to go to town and use the librarys computers and they dont show a lot of the pics to protect against kids looking at bad pics. The problem is I cannot click on the favorites and get the thread without having internet. Can anyone tell me a way to save the thread mods to my laptop so I can look at them without the internet. I will have to figure out a way to get internet service in my budget, until then I guess u guys wont see me much. Thanks for yalls help and I will go to the library and hopefully get help in the future if my truck messes up. Once again thanks a bunch! :thumbsup: :agreed: :hello:

If you're using firefox, go to 'File' -->'Save Page As' in the menu, choose 'Web Page, complete' from the 'Save As Type' menu.

Thanks Jifaire! Just tried that and it worked and I am gonna save them all! Very valuable info and the pics are indespensible! Hopefully I can find a cheap source for internet connection soon.

.............cancelling their Hughes Net wireless internet..............
that SUCKS!!
i use DSL at home and it works good but was using something like the Hughes but cancelled it as soon as i could.

There is always very very slow dial-up internet like I have. Only $10 a month from netzero.

DSl cable has to be run in your area to get it. it's an actual line you connect to. not too expensive. dial up is the cheapest, but also the slowest.

Where I live, my only choices were Hughsnet or Wildblue at over $60 /mo or Netzero dialup @$9.95/mo. Now you can get a cell phone card for around $60/mo. The cell card and Hughs net both have limits on how much data you can access.
Hughsnet also wanted over $500 for the equipment.

Dialup requires a phone line so thats out, I have a cell phone. Guess I am back to using the pc at the library. Thanks Barry and I will see u around. Gotta put my armrest n stuff on I got from u yet. I will use somes pc to post a pic when I get it done. Thanks Deejaaa but my budget is way strained! LOL I overextended my cigar box savings account!!!!! LOLOLO :hello:

Well that sucks Bill. I enjoy reading your posts. Maybe bake a cake for your neighbors or something and try to convince them your life needs cheap internet hahaha.

Bill, have you checked to see how much your neighbors service is?
I Hope you can hang around.

here i am at lake conroe and thought about you bill,
23f6ee52.jpg

Since we are on the subject of Satellite.

We went with Wild Blue a couple yeras ago and its better than Dial up, but its nothing to writ home to mom about.

I was using a cellular widget with ATT and it was pretty good.

Other family members wanted to set up a network so more than one person could be online at any one time, so we got the SAT dish.

Had Direct TV since 93 and they provided the WB sat stuff.

Its not bad but the latency can be anoying at times.

If I get to Hogging the computer hard it will get balky and hard to manage.

Pages that are extremely graphic intense can take time to load and if I try and push it the page will refuse to scroll or it will just turn into a mess of stuttering streaks.

As soon as the page is fully loaded, all is well.

I have the maximum RAM that I can plug into my machine (1.5 GIGS) and a fairly good AGP graphics card so ?????????

This issue started when we went to Satellite from the Cellular wireless internet.

I have been told that this is as good as it gets. ????????????

Better than dial up eh ??

Orrum, companies like sprint now have phones and plans that you can pay I think $10 or so a month and your phone will become a mobile hotspot and feed internet to other devies, like a laptop. You can go to walmart and talk to them about that option for just cheap simple internet. Especially if all you do is browse the forum on occasion and pay a few bills that ought to do what you need. Verizon has the same setup now too I think.

I wouldn't recommend DSL, especially since you're far from any major town. DSL, if even offered, is slower the farther you are from the internet serivce provider. I'm paying $35 a month for Time Warner Broadband. Good speeds too, 10Mb down 1Mb up.

We'd hate to see you go, but money is more important than interwebz.

I have DSL and I am 8 miles from the phone switch, I canceled my Wildblue service and even thos I don't have but 3mb on speed it is way better than wildblue. If anyone wants to buy my dish and modem i will sell it pretty cheap.

Back