• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need to replace my IP, are Standard Motor Products any good?

Foehammer

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Well I guess its time to bite the bullet and replace my IP, I am looking for any recommendations for a good rebuilt pump and where to find one. I have found one at Rock Auto rebuilt by Standard Motor Products but I know nothing about their quality. Or should I go with a rebuilt from Accurate Diesel or some other supplier? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh BTW my truck keeps throwing a code 36 at around 1400-1500 rpm and stays on until the rpm drops below 1400, I have been having issues getting it started and occasionally it stalls, I have replaced the PMD twice in the last year with new Dipaco units, neither of which solved the code 36. I think that it is occasionally stalling now because my pump is wearing out, since it has stalled recently with both brand new PMDs.

Thank for any advice
John

don't know about their pumps but the pmd cable i bought from accurate was wired wrong when i recieved it and had to swap wires around

how much are these pumps you found? there is an outfit out of Oklahoma that advertises in the High Plains Journal and they have new DS4's for a little over a grand.

I had a Standard oil pressure switch that lasted less than six weeks, even with the OPS mod to reduce power draw through the OPS.

Don

Back