• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need stock exhaust size

pgguru

Recruit
Reaction score
I just broke the tail pipe from the muffler and want to use a strait pipe removing soot box and muffler. What diamiter pipe do I need to get for this.
Thanks for the help

For less than $400.00 you can go 3" DP - 4" out behind right rear tire.
As nice as that burb looks i wouldn't be cuttin nothing out - just replace the whole thing - you won't regret it.

I agree with the guys. For under US$300 you can get a DiamondEye exhaust. If you can find a distributor in Ontario, you'll be golden. I'd use the stainless band clamps if I were you.

That would get you a new everything except the crossover, which you might also want to do. My 95 had a HORRIBLY crushed downpipe, and the crossover didn't look too swift either. The older machines had the most crushed exhaust systems.

-Rob :)

If your cheap like me you can go to your friendly neighborhood exhaust shop get x feet of pipe, a piece of flex, some clamps, a bend for your tail pipe and a nice shiny stainless tip for around 150 bucks I would say. Theres always a cheaper way :smile5: I prolly got 40 bucks in mine minus the stacks. The clamps I got for my flex piece were for a volvo semi lol.

If not planning to ever put a muffler on it, you can do fine with 3.5" exhaust and it will fit a much easier between the bottom of truck and the crossmembers without rubbing and without getting any bends.

Local shops will only bend up 3" pipe for me.

Back