• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need Some, Umm, Legal Advice On My New LED's... :)

James: I know the pictures are a little different than actually being there, but those lights are "Extremely Bright" according to the picture you posted. The law in RI also matches the other mentioned as far as only allowing w total of 4 driving lights forward facing. They allow for fogs and low beams. You may get around that law due to the lights being cab lights and not driving lights. I am not sure if the law is in accordance to NHTSA or other federal regulations, but I would think most state laws would be the same. Only a total of 4 forward facing bulbs. They do this to prevent the "off-road" light bars blinding drivers. Just food for thought here. I know you would not want to cause anyone else to have an accident by temporarily blinding them. My opinion would be that they are too bright. Definitely a judgment call by any LEO.

James: I know the pictures are a little different than actually being there, but those lights are "Extremely Bright" according to the picture you posted. The law in RI also matches the other mentioned as far as only allowing w total of 4 driving lights forward facing. They allow for fogs and low beams. You may get around that law due to the lights being cab lights and not driving lights. I am not sure if the law is in accordance to NHTSA or other federal regulations, but I would think most state laws would be the same. Only a total of 4 forward facing bulbs. They do this to prevent the "off-road" light bars blinding drivers. Just food for thought here. I know you would not want to cause anyone else to have an accident by temporarily blinding them. My opinion would be that they are too bright. Definitely a judgment call by any LEO.
Yea, I'm taking it "Trip-By-Trip" in the Truck and Hoping for the Best with getting Pulled Over because of them. So far, I'm doin good though.

I was actually looking in Idaho law about color of marker lights and it specifically gives the colors allowed, white is not one of them. I figured it was based on a federal mandate. Different approach to what law would make them illegal than the 4 headlight laws.

I was actually looking in Idaho law about color of marker lights and it specifically gives the colors allowed, white is not one of them. I figured it was based on a federal mandate. Different approach to what law would make them illegal than the 4 headlight laws.

Really? They don't allow White? Only Amber?

Out of curiosity I looked up the RCW (Revised Code of Washington) for this subject:

RCW 46.37.100
Color of clearance lamps, side marker lamps, back-up lamps, and reflectors.

(1) Front clearance lamps and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the front or on the side near the front of a vehicle shall display or reflect an amber color.

(2) Rear clearance lamps and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the rear or on the sides near the rear of a vehicle shall display or reflect a red color.

(3) All lighting devices and reflectors mounted on the rear of any vehicle shall display or reflect a red color, except the stop lamp or other signal device, which may be red, amber, or yellow, and except that on any vehicle forty or more years old, or on any motorcycle regardless of age, the taillight may also contain a blue or purple insert of not more than one inch in diameter, and except that the light illuminating the license plate shall be white and the light emitted by a back-up lamp shall be white or amber.

The cops in Communist CT will defintely give you a ticket. Much easier than stopping a real crime. I miss NY. Pretty easy going down there. Can get away with alot more.

The cops in Communist CT will defintely give you a ticket. Much easier than stopping a real crime. I miss NY. Pretty easy going down there. Can get away with alot more.

I'm never in CT so I don't have to Worry about that.

But like was Said earlier, it's really gonna come down to a Judgement Call by the LEO you Encounter. Some may let me by, and some may Stop me, it's just a matter of Time to See what happens.

Back