• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

need some help whos a computer nerd??

Currently building another computer... I am a advanced begginer in puters.. maybe I can help...

ok, well when i download anything as in movie trailers, quick time and other stuff like that it always stops write in the middle of it

Well what kind of computer? how much hard drive space? where is it downloading.. Do yo have dial up? Cable DSL?

its a dell laptop inspiron 1721 i have DSL and the computer is just a couple months old, not for sure the disk space

are you getting any error messages(numbers) when its stops, saying why or does the screenn just go clear of the d-load info? Perhaps somethingr with the server of the info your downloading, too many hits and causing it to drop downloads?? Not really much a computer nerd, just throwing out some ideas...

no theres no error messages, everything just stops in the middle of downloading, its everthing that i download, its really getting on my nervers!! as i said b4 movie trailers to youtube anything over 1min. it will stop in the middle! thanks for helping

when was the last time you cleared the browsers cashe. that causes alot of headaches. and check to see if the temporary files limit is set to low. disk cleanup does alot of this for you.

when was the last time you cleared the browsers cashe. that causes alot of headaches. and check to see if the temporary files limit is set to low. disk cleanup does alot of this for you.

thanks brother, ill try that, ill post back and see id it helps!

Back