• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need more air

Joey D

Reaction score
I think the ATT just needs more air than the filter and housing can deliver. It seems every time I pop the hood to check the oil the filter guage is tripped showing it needs replacement. The filter is a new Wix filter, maybe 3 months old. I hate oil filters but I need something better.

Turbine Doc had the same problem, switched to a direct replacement Amsoil oil free nanofiber air filter and solved it. Let me know if you are interested.

Ashton

love the amsoil filter in my pickup. Looking to get one for my blazer since it smokes a lot when i nail it. Should help but a turbo would help more. :D

how much vacuum causes one of these things to show fail?

The ATT may allow slighlty higher exhaust velocities and a bit more vacuum at idle because of it, but not more than a N/A 6.5 would.

how much vacuum causes one of these things to show fail?

The ATT may allow slighlty higher exhaust velocities and a bit more vacuum at idle because of it, but not more than a N/A 6.5 would.

Are you suggesting a 6.5 N/A draws more air then an ATT equipped 6.5??

I was just talking about at idle, when one can actually see this little vacuum indicator on the intake while checking the oil :) With no turbo the exhaust can have greater velocity out of the engine at idle, and perhaps scavenge slightly more at idle, allow it to suck more new air in, and thus perhaps more vacuum at idle. Same thought for ATT over the GMx which the PCM or spring holds wastegate fully closed at idle.

What would make the indicator go off at idle, when obviously on a turbo truck vacuum is going to pull it in as soon as you step on the throttle. Little vacuum at idle, huge vacuum at load.

He never mentioned going off at idle, it's more likely at full boost. He just notices when popping the hood.

Yes it doesn't go off at idle it only goes off after a full throttle run

Ahh, so it sets and stays there to show that at some point it got sucked in. Never used one of the gizmos. What kind of vacuum does it take to make it go off?

Back