• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need instructions for removal of the 6.5 engine? Transmission and Transfer Case

Big T

Reaction score
We'll parting out my son's wrecked '95 Suburban. We're keeping the engine and trans. Also keeping the shocks, rims, Buddy 4 position PCM, HID lights, Diamond Eye Exhaust and crossover pipe.

I've received PMs on other parts such as front bumper, radiator, rear blower, APP wiring harness, so those are spoken for. Rest is up for grabs and then we sell the shell for scrap.

I've scrapped a couple trucks and made trailers out of the boxes and rear axles.

What I would do is remove the body first, then you have easy access to everything else. All the electrical has to be unplugged in any event.

Do you have any interior door handle bezels? Perferably the one from the driver door.

Have the entire interior doors. Not sure what you're calling the bezels. Is that the cup around the handle?

I did not intend to do the part out discussion in this forum, only asking how to remove the engine, Transmission and transfer case. I have access to an engine hoist and I have two 2.5 ton floor jacks. I don't have a hoist or crane to pull the body.

I have a large eucalyptus tree that I can pull under and use a block and tackle and straps to lift the body off, then roll the frame way and drop the body onto a flatbed trailer. I will try pulling the front clip off first. Right now I'm trashing plastic parts like broken dash, old cracked grill, mirrors. I'll list the parting out in Classifieds after the new year.

in your case, the body removal will be best.

otherwise, pulling the acessories and gutting the front core support and pulling all exhaust components would be the overview.

how quick does this need to happen? a part out shall last as long as possible, to ensure maximum $ in your pocket as well as maximum GMT400 benefit.

Truck is now in my backyard (1/2 acre back there). It could stay there forever, but that's the point and I don't want that to happen. So I'm motivated to pull the stuff we need, quickly sell what I can of the rest and get rid of it. I'm not in the salvage business, but the $400 price for the wreck certainly justified pulling the transmission with 20K miles on it and the engine that was running strong. We intend to buy another Suburban and these will be good back ups as they are now all high mileage vehicles. Plus we'll have all the goodies you'd want to make these engines run their best: Diamond Eye 4" exhaust and 3" downpipe, mandrel bent crossover, remote PMD, Dmax fan, Heath balance water pump, Buddy 4-position tuned ECM, Rancho 9000 shocks, Alcoa wheels with BFG A/T at 60% life. Pull all those goodies, buy another clean high mileage Suburban (found one) and we're good.

David, we arrive on Southwest Flight 2366 at 1:30 PM Salt Lake City time on the 29th. See ya then.

Sounds great Steve, I will be there.

Got to drive Steve's Burb, what an amazing ride!

Thanks Dave. Yeah, the '99 is a fun ride, but I'm also looking forward to doing improvements on the '94 to insure a long life. It's such a clean base to work with and we basically have all the parts to improve it.

Back