• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

need help with water pump removal

North Maine

Merchant Mariner
Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone who can give some insight would be most helpful. I have the radiator out, fan off, fan pulley off, and I've removed all but 2 bolts for the water pump/timing cover. The last two are shared with the "accessory" pulley-holder bracket... do I have to take this off including the Alternator, vac pump, ect? or is there a way to remove those last two bolts without pulling the bracket?

Here is a pic of where I'm at right now.

DSCN0195-1.jpg

Gotta pull that accessory bracket. I am doing my waterpump this morning but my 95 has a different accessory mount than yours....lose the vac pump while you are at it...live with the SES light on until you get a reflash - I hate doing all that work twice....

I got those two bolts... thanks for the input, I did get it off this morning with very little trouble, I was literally 10 minutes from being done when I quit last night. Now the install should be hard. As for the vac pump, I still use my vac for wastegate control, and while I'm putting a new computer in, I think I'll stick with the stock "F" set-up for a while, my next project is to install the "F" intake manifold I have waiting here... and the warpspeed x-over... and... and... and... lol

Back