• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need help with a scratch

Matt C

Recruit
Reaction score
Whatsup guys, this is not on my truck but figured I'd post it and see what you guys say. I bought the GTP in my signature a month ago and right down the drivers side someone keyed the thing:banghead:. It was like that when I bought it but it is getting really annoying. It isn't a very deep scratch at all but it's noticeable when shes all shined up. Are there any products I can try do get this out? I've seen commercials for "Scratch Doctor" by Nu Finish, but does it do what they say? Thanks in advance guys, I've got some on my truck I'd like to get out too.

I use Meguires' scratch out. I also have a Cyclo dual head buffer that I use with Meguiars Three Step Wax procedure and my CCLB Dually comes out great!

fastlanemwd-store_2003_48494185

THAT is the most baddass buffer I have ever seen. Looks expensive too. I thought it was some kind of Blow Dryer at first glance.

Yea, Meguiars Scratch X works awesome.

James, it is a BADASS buffer...It works better than anything I have ever used before. It may be spendy, but it was worth every penny....

Chris do you know where you can order one of those buffers.

Matt, you might want to try one of the dupli color pens, they seem to do a decent job touching up a scratch and you can get them in your factory color.

James, it is a BADASS buffer...It works better than anything I have ever used before. It may be spendy, but it was worth every penny....

Does it make waffles too lol? It is a nice looking buffer I have never seen a dual before-cool!

They cycle in random orbits independantly of each other...you would have to work real hard to burn the paint off...

yeah you haver to go real gentle and a very little bit does the trick.

Thanks for the ideas, i've tried rubbing compound on other things and it didn't always work the greatest.

Then DO NOT USE it here...

You need clear coat safe compound...and that stuff is pretty much worthless...

Use Meguiars Scratch X...if that does not take it out, then you need to have the panels re-shot.

Thanks Chris, gonna find some scratch-x and let ya know how it works.

Let us know!

I find Scratch X to be the best...I would do the scratch by hand then do a three step Meguiars wax treatment to it...If the key scratches come out, the car will look amazing.

Back