• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need help with a block heater

lovemyhd

Reaction score
It's collllld up here in the north east! Got my buildsheet and it says I have a block heater. Posted about it last year and everyone said to look under the passenger side battery......which I did, and theres nothing there. Someone said check for the wires running along with the battery cables on the passenger side battery.....again, nothing there.
Where is the block heater itself located? Maybe I can start there. Thanks in advance

Its very hard to find. Remove the tire and fender liner on the passenger side and its right in front of the motor mount. Its an orange deal with a 3 prong plug. The cord should be wrapped up in the battery cables but if not you can get one at any autoparts store, theres only a couple different styles of block heater cords.

If there isnt one there at all you should be able to install one but you will have to drain the block.

I had the fender liner out when I installed my pyro gage and didnt see it then either.

Last edited:
Look under the fuel filter housing slightly towards the front of the engine, its wrapped up in a zip tie.

I had the fender liner out when I installed my pyro gage and didnt see it then either.

you wont. Its in front of the motor mount and you seriously have to be looking hard for it or you wont see it.

Im talking about the actual block heater where its in the block, not the cord.

Are you running a front cover?
BTW, on my '05 LLY it (cord) was tucked under the fuel filter pretty tight to the wiring harness.

The thing gets great mileage now........21 highway.......I might just have to try that cover! It came with the truck, and has never been used. Still in the package with the directions!

GREAT NEWS! I found the cord! My truck is [plugged in as we speak!!!! Where the battery cables go into the black loom, the cord comes out of the loom, and makes a 180* (folded) and is zip tied to the loom! Ran it out and pinched it between the grill and the headlight and plugged her in!

You might want to invest in a timer to plug that cord into. You only need 3-4 hours before it is running full bore; any longer will just run up your electric bill.

You might want to invest in a timer to plug that cord into. You only need 3-4 hours before it is running full bore; any longer will just run up your electric bill.

:iagree::iamwithstupid:

And as you will find out soon, the heater sucks up juice.

Technically it is an option, its like $30. So almost all of them are ordered with one.

and if they dont have one, they can be installed easily.

Back