• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

need help mounting air dog with titan tank

jettech

Reaction score
Anybody with an ecsb and a titan tank install an air dog? I'm having a hard time finding a place to mount it without going on the outside of the frame rail.I really don't want it on the outside for visibility reasons and to keep the crap thrown off the wheels off of it

Well I finally got it installed. I ended up mounting it on the inside of the frame rail fwd of the cross support brace that runs across the back of the trans. I had to slide in a spacer plate between the frame and the airdog bracket(1/4" steel plate) to give the filters some clearance from the torque bar(I guess that's what you call it).Worked out pretty well,puts in the same vicinity as the oil and tranny filter and it's still inside the frame rail which I wanted. It's pretty close to being right under the driver seat and I was concerned about hearing it.But you can faintly hear it with the eng off,running it's not even noticeable.The only thing I needed to get was some extra fuel line because it's mounted a little further fwd than the directions call out.I'll try to get some pics up soon.

installed pics

Attachments

• airdog looking up and fwd.jpg
    airdog looking up and fwd.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 28
  • airdog looking up and left.jpg
    airdog looking up and left.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 27
  • airdog looking aft at left frame rail.jpg
    airdog looking aft at left frame rail.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 26
Thank you,I really wanted to keep it all inside the frame rail.I'm pretty happy were it ended up,all the vehicle filters are in one area except for the underhood fuel filter. Makes it nice to work on.

Very clean setup. Good job. Does the truck feel any different?

I really haven't driven it enough yet to honestly answer that but the short trip to leak check it did seem to have a little more pep.I did notice that bleeding the fuel filters is whole lot easier with this in the system.

Looks good. Still have to install mine.

Did you drop the tank and install the draw straw? I'd like to just hook it up to the factory fuel pick up if possible.

Looks good. Still have to install mine.

Did you drop the tank and install the draw straw? I'd like to just hook it up to the factory fuel pick up if possible.

No,I got the airdog 100,it doesn't require the replacement pickup like the 150. I don't plan on going crazy with a ton of hp and after talking with pureflow We both felt the 100 was adequate for my use. Plus I wasn't looking fwd to drilling a hole in my $1000 Titan tank for the new pickup either.

Back