• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need help identifying a bracket for intake

Actually, I guess I'm wondering about a few others also labeled for the intake.

The nuts circled with red are for the heater hose. The two bolts circled with red are going to be used for the fuel filter manager.

I suspect the bolt circled with blue is for the intake manifold to hold against the head where the printout I have is calling for a stud. I'm unclear on what the other three bolts are for, though.
1697932818383.png
Resized_20231021_180203_4994.jpg

I believe the 3 bolts are used in the corners except for the passenger rear, the longer studs are for the middle sides, and I think Denata is right about the bracket being for the oil line to the turbo. I was thinking the bracket was permanently attached though.

Thanks to both of you for the explanation. The image in the link is very helpful - yes, probably 640. I have that image printed out even but didn't identify it. I hadn't considered the water neck bolt holding the line for the turbo. @DieselAmateur suggested to me that it was to hold the oil line but I thought the line was too fat for this. Turns out I was wrong.

Back to this bracket - where does it mount? Can anyone supply a picture, by chance? I've looked over pre-disassembly photos and none show it attached. I suspect it goes on the inner stud for the waterneck crossover and is to hold the line above the intake but below the air intake tube that comes from the turbo. Below are some photos in case someone wants to sketch.
20231227_163853.jpg

Attachments

• 20231227_163708.jpg
    20231227_163708.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 5
Here’s another page out of the manuals. By way explanation; I scan and print pages for projects. I save the scans for future reference since I’m always redoing/revisiting things.

Attachments

• Diagram Lower Intake installation.pdf
    587.9 KB · Views: 10
Sorry, nothing really specific. It’s just a reference from the beloved manual for the lower intake’s bolt and stud locations to back up Glagulator’s picture you put up in post #14.

Back