• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

NEED a GOOD Engine

If you were closer I still have my old 6.5. I know it needed head gaskets as they were both blown out slightly when I pulled the heads. I haven't dropped the pan on it, but I had no reason to.

No Cracks?....Heads are good?......Do a refresh, drop the pan and give me a reasonable price on parts, labor and the motor......Just as long as it's ready to bolt on my Acc. and drop it in.....I'll look into frieght from FL.

141 Block, 599.......Miles?........Why'd you pull it, pushed too much Boost and blew the gaskets?.......and perfect excuse for your conversion.

Something you would consider?

No Cracks?....Heads are good?......Do a refresh, drop the pan and give me a reasonable price on parts, labor and the motor......Just as long as it's ready to bolt on my Acc. and drop it in.....I'll look into frieght from FL.

141 Block, 599.......Miles?........Why'd you pull it, pushed too much Boost and blew the gaskets?.......and perfect excuse for your conversion.

Something you would consider?

I don't have any time to mess with it right now playing stay at home mom by day and working by night. The water pump in it was bad and it got up to about 210 one night on interstate(empty) and the head gaskets let go. It was still running when I pulled it, and wouldn't push any coolant out until it got above 2 pounds of boost. From what I seen the heads were crack free, but it did have bad injectors in it so there are a few small burn spots in the pistons. They were borderline needing replaced, and was one of the reasons I did the swap. I wanted more power than a 6.5 could give, and the head gaskets were the perfect excuse to pull it down. I was hoping to get $500 for the leftover engine parts I have out in the shop.

EDIT: It's a 929 block(mid 95 casting), and had 173K miles on it most of which were running empty as I was the first one to put a hitch in the receiver when I got it with 153K miles on it.

Back